View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2005, 02:25 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Self Patch not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savolk
Ok...I have figured out why i am such a newbi, but...I have run the AU several times and tried to resize it..I do not have an "advanced" button on it..So, I deleted everything and ran setup again..I have found that the original time the AU runs I have the advanced button, however it says there is a newer version that will be downloaded, then its gone. I may be missing something, but I have been spending way too much time(when i should be killing stuff)

I love the UI..everything about it is great, just want it to work for me..

Thanks again,

Fuzi Vision
Mistmoore Server

There is an update I posted yesterday. But once the update is downloaded the application should re-start with no problems. It might take a few seconds to do so if your machine is older. The advanced button can't be missed as it is on the main screen.

There is no sequence of the load order that hides it from you, although it might be disabled when it runs.

Does it give you the message that it has a newer version every time you launch it? That would be weird, as it should only update once to bring you up to the newest version.

The application should not be installing in everquest/ui/thorui but instead in program files/thorui. You're not deleting the program files / thorui directory are you?

Can you send me ([email protected]) the .log files in the program files /thorui directory so I can see what's going on. We've never had anyone fail to auto update during beta.

Last edited by MrNice : 09-27-2005 at 02:31 PM. Reason: More Ideas...