View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2005, 04:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

is there anything special that needs to be involved with the text object? I mean.. is the style, location, whatnot.. actually important for it, or is it just the placeholder that i think it is?

currently still empty, double checking to make sure i didn't break something silly while i was trying to figure it out earlier..

Edit:
/sigh.. nm that.. i was mistaken. since i hadn't expected the extra area of the decimal and tenths place, the size i'd allocated for the Defense_MitigationPercent wasn't quite big enough.. and there is a % included with it, which is why it's not returning anything when it's /100.. since that text object was inside another page, i didn't notice the sizing was cut so close, and i'd already placed a '%' text object next to it.. so when i'd log in.. i'd see the buffed mitigation number in green, with the % (which was actually below the other text object) staying white.. so i figured it wasn't included.. i never even thought about the fact that i hadn't taken into account for the extra size..

So, unless there's a handy way to truncate off the last character of a string and turn the remainder into a number.. i guess that sinks that idea
but, it's definitely been a learning experience, thanks again for the help

Last edited by chylder : 09-01-2005 at 05:06 PM.