View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2005, 03:53 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange
Not sure if this is something you want to bother with or not but on the topic of idiotproofing..

I don’t have eq2 installed here so I’ll have to try it again later but just for the heck of it, I re-downloaded the file from the link in the PM, installed it and clicked the shortcut button about 7 or 8 times.

I clicked cancel when prompted to find my eq2 exe. There was a long delay and then I was told that the program would not be loaded because the exe could not be found.

The program did load, though. Three times. It did not update but one of the windows froze and all three spawned Error Updating windows.

One window said this:
Unknown Error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WindowsApplication7.GlobalVariables.WriteConfigValues()
at WindowsApplication7.Form1.Form1_Closing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog()

The other two said this (I couldn’t highlite to copy so doing this one by hand)
Unknown Error:
C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\stop_button.png
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
at WindowsApplication7.Form1.DoUpdates()
at WindowsApplication7.Form1.Timer3_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Froms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

Trying to close the windows just spawned more. Had to reboot to get rid of them.

EDIT: NOTE - just want to reiterate that the program works fine for me unless I do something silly like click the link 7 times in quick succession on a computer that's not running EQ2. This all relates to idiotproofing only.
basically i just have to hope nobody i clicks it a million times like that. however i modified my code so that you should at least be able to close the program if that happens.