View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2005, 02:47 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Yeah you can move the icons around pretty much to whereever you want.
I have to admit I have no clue as to what a "hauhe" is, so I cannot answer your question in full.

Keep in mind that all windows in the UI are square, all that flowery stuff, no offence, could just take up alot of space, and you'd have very little interactive, click room. Just at first glace anyway.

EDIT: Looks at keyboard ... hauhe = gauge?

NOTES
I went through and redlined all of the flowery-grafx part of your interface. They show the general square size needed to contain th images.The two on the top corners (group and players) should mostly be ok because you can place the grafx in those windows without blocking anything too much.

However on the bottom, we run into snags. They dont seem to be connected to anthing specific, and they cover what could be vital areas. At least 3 hotbar buttons (the top two) would be blocked by the interface (for mouse click anyway). The same for the bottom two, but only two buttons each.

If you keep the chatwindow scrollbar where it is, that will be blocked from use also. As well as the channel select button (ie choosing between /gsay, /guildsay, /ooc, etc). The quest/journal window will have it's scroll bar blocked as well.

The blue lines indicate suggested resizing. This allows you full access to your chat and quest windows, and still *for the most part* keeps symmetry and balance and all that swirly stuff intact. Next, if you move the top hotbars to where I suggested (green boxes), then you should be pretty much set.

You also have what looks like 3 target windows. I am not sure what the middle one is exactly. Is it a blown up version of your health?. ALso, what con system are you using, detailed/old/v0, or simple/new/v1? In both versions, targeting other players shows their class and level in the info box. In v1, targeting mobs gives you their level in the info box, where v0 gives you their "difficulty" ie weak, heroic, etc. Just keep that in mind when designing yoru target windows.

Hope that helps. Tried to be as complete as possible. I apologize if I over-analyzed or anything. I hope I helped.

Darrin

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-04-2005 at 03:27 PM.