View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2005, 11:42 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yup, mortis. I've tried all of the tracking mods here and I love them all. I wouldn't have been able to live with the built-in track. Each and every one of them has 1-2 elements that the others don't that I love (small fonts, working transparency settings, shortened buttons, etc.). What I guess the request was for is one that combines all these elements.

The thing with this window is that the smallest functioning model possible (thinnest, especially) is probably the most useful. The window, when you need it, is one of those things that is open for the duration and is open all the way so that you can see everything near you. It sits on one side of the screen or the other and takes up the entire vertical portion of 1/6th to 1/5th of the total real estate. Worse, though, it's default is an opaque black that didn't accept standard window transparency settings IIRC.

Ger, your new window looks fantastic. It combines the transparency, font sizes and reduced button space with the new idea of hidden buttons. I love it and will download it tonight.

The only suggestion I would make is for two versions.. One with the hidden buttons on the left and one with them on the right so that the window can fit more naturally on either side of the screen.

EDIT: Actually, in thinking about this even if there were only one version it would still be better to have the color buttons on the right because of the way we read. Since we read left-to-right most people will probably put this window on the left due to word wrapping.

Thanks again for all the great modification, guys and especially this one! I think I have every UI window in the game tweaked in one way or another now.

Last edited by Lange : 03-17-2005 at 01:29 PM.