View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2005, 01:09 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default My map window feels nekkid!

Well, I finally got the icon overlays to auto-load and still allow the default icons (piped down from the server I assume) to show. So I bid a fond farewell to the Select Map tab. It was a decent idea; to let us access any map at any time. But from a coding stand-point, it was bloating the XML badly and wasn't all that useful.

Here's an update on the project's progress:
- Multi-floor maps now automatically load the map for each floor.
- Icon overlays automatically show (and the icons are on top of the fog).
- The XML has been modularized and the format standardized (just a couple loose ends to tie up here).
- Icon overlays for default city zones are ready.

What needs to happen before the next official release:
- Nektropos Castle needs to be finalized (and Edgewater Drains? how's that going DizTorDed?)

What will happen after the next official release:
- An auto-updater which will grab icon data straight from maps.eq2interface.com will be implemented.
- Current maps will get fine-tuned and new ones will be created.
- Options (such as only show icons during mouse over, current loc display and close on escape) will be made available for download.
- Style sets for Zonx's Fetish UI (done), Deathbane27's Mook UI (almost done) and BohoMOD need to be created (and I need requests for other UI styles from authors or fans, leave posts here, avoid PMs as my box is often crammed to the brim). These make the map window look like the parent mod.

Devs and people who are staying cutting edge on this, try out the XML; especially make sure the overlays auto-load correctly for both halves of Antonica, both halves of Commonlands and Thundering Steppes. Check Blackburrow, The Caves and Stormhold to make sure floors switch properly and at appropriate times.

Quib
Attached Files
File Type: zip map_rev_5_5.zip (69.8 KB, 403 views)

Last edited by Quib : 02-25-2005 at 06:51 PM.