EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Something I've been working on (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6260)

Loktha 06-09-2006 04:13 PM

Something I've been working on

I've been working on an idea for a new UI. I thought I would post a image of some of the windows I have altered to this point. Hopefully I can get some feedback on what everyone thinks.

In the picture you'll see the player, experience, and group windows. Along with a couple different frames associated with the UI as well.

I'm not sure if this is something I'll release as a full UI or maybe just as seperate windows. My XML knowledge isn't bad, but it takes a majority of my time when I mod. The graphics is the part I really enjoy. I personally like my UI's to be complete and matching throughout the entire UI.

So I was hoping for some feedback from the community on the idea of the UI. And maybe someone willing to help with coding if it's decided the UI needs to be skinned completely.

Pixi 06-09-2006 04:46 PM

Looks great. Nice job. :)

Dae'lomdel 06-09-2006 08:45 PM

Looks amazing!!!

Could you post a screen shot of the player/exp window from full screen, to give some idea how large they are in comparison to everything else?

The only concern I would have with dl'ing and using this is potential space issues, like most UIs that LOOK incredible the potential to take up "too much" space is deffinantly and issue. And for me being a 100% raider, using raid windows and Mother's Timer, etc...etc... I run out of room FAST!

All that said I think its the best looking UI pieces I have seen since... oh that old one with the casting globes! :nana:

Magus 06-09-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loktha
I'm not sure if this is something I'll release as a full UI or maybe just as seperate windows.

I would say release them separately - if someone wants just one or two of them they can, or they can grab them all and have it be a complete set :)

Or even do both, it doesn't take much to zip it all up in addition to having individual windows :D

Very nice work though :)

One question - on the group window, do those arrows recede from both sides as HP/power drops, or what? :)

Loktha 06-10-2006 02:21 AM

The group meters, along with the target/implied target decrease just like normal bars. Although you raise in interesting question as to whether it's possible to make them drop from two different ends, mirroring each other.

Here's a screenshot from ingame that hasn't been cropped or altered so the size aspect can be felt accordingly. The resolution is 1280x1024. Of course, it would look better in a higher resolution, but that's the highest I can go on my monitors.

nikecmh 06-10-2006 03:16 AM

Target and group windows look amazing. I'm not a big fan of large circle xp, hp things but thats just a preference of mine. Definately looks very nice overall though.

Jethal 06-10-2006 11:02 AM

oh, I like that.. very nice indeed

Zyther 06-26-2006 06:44 PM

Very nice..

I love the target and window frame windows. The entire theme looks very clean.

Any updates on this by chance? I would love to try it out.

Loktha 06-27-2006 01:09 PM

I haven't worked on it in a week or two. Hopefully I'll get back to it. Lots of things to do. :nana:

Faetyl 06-27-2006 02:54 PM

Very nice to see something new indeed!
Great concept as well.

Note the XP is only xxx.x not xxx.xx as you have reporting in your screeny.

Kudos to Fetish for pointing the display issues with XP in general.

Landiin 06-27-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loktha
Although you raise in interesting question as to whether it's possible to make them drop from two different ends, mirroring each other.

Not Realy but it can be done :) Just make two health bars. For the left side use the left half of your image and set the inverted property in a progressbar style. For the right side use the right half of you image and a normal progressbar style.