EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fetish (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GU56 Temporary Fixes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14245)

lordebon 05-25-2010 02:02 PM

GU56 Temporary Fixes

To get your install of FetishNightfall working for GU56 until Zonx updates, do the following:

Delete/rename eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
Delete/rename eq2ui_journals_quest.xml

Open eq2ui_popup.xml and add the following line before </Page>:
<include>eq2ui_popup_travelmap.xml</include>

That should be it. If I missed one let me know and I'll update this post.

Papabard 05-25-2010 02:08 PM

Heh you beat me to the reply about the new character creation fix. Thanks :)

djbillyrae 05-25-2010 02:17 PM

Windows 7 sux

I can't get into program file folders to make changes. I wish I had XP back. will the mapupdater be updated soon? my world map has no locations on it. I can't use the bells. I am also now computer illiterate with Windows 7.

l0ftn.o 05-25-2010 02:31 PM

Has nothing to do with Windows 7, lol.

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\ (using the address bar of windows explorer). Problem solved.

Love people who can't be bothered to learn anything before crying "OMG IT SUCKS GIVE ME BACK MY OLD JUNK"

garylian 05-25-2010 02:45 PM

Thx, worked like a charm. Keep up the great work, Zonx!

djbillyrae 05-25-2010 03:18 PM

Thanks

I will be nice and say Thanks even though I figurede it out before your post. When I started using computers DOS didn't even exist. They have changed alot since then. and all programs should go to program folders. Not program data who ever decided to fix that was a moron.

Elfrodite 05-25-2010 03:30 PM

I can't seem to edit the popup file...well, I can, but it won't save...keeps telling me to make sure the path is valid. I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help?

Vytarra 05-25-2010 03:39 PM

How do I add a line?

I deleted the two lines like you said but I am unable to edit the popup file. What's the secret here? :)
NM I think I figured it out. Right clicking on the open file seemed to work.

l0ftn.o 05-25-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbillyrae (Post 90666)
I will be nice and say Thanks even though I figurede it out before your post. When I started using computers DOS didn't even exist. They have changed alot since then. and all programs should go to program folders. Not program data who ever decided to fix that was a moron.

Heh, the issue is more that Sony is using the ProgramData directory in an unintended fashion. Program Files is locked down so that a program can't modify itself or other programs similarly protected (for instance, to prevent malware from modifying the behavior or other programs). Programs are supposed to use ProgramData as a modifiable location for settings, etc. If you are familiar with linux, it is analogous to how sudo or root is needed to do just about anything outside of your home directory.

As to you other folks having difficulty saving it... see above. Program Files is locked down. Either kill UAC, take ownership of Program Files, or run the program you are using to edit with 'as administrator'.

Whitefang 05-25-2010 06:11 PM

Thank you for the info. Worked great and got me going again.

Jaylah 05-25-2010 06:12 PM

I had to run notepad as an administrator and open the file from there before I could save any changes to the files. Also remember if you can't see the file in notepad change the file type to see All Files.

Skarlett 05-25-2010 06:59 PM

Thank you Lordebon for all your help and saving me hair from turning gray. ;)

Lalanu 05-26-2010 07:47 AM

Zonx has release 11.4 for GU56 download it Here

lewish 05-26-2010 10:33 AM

Warlock portals

When I cast translocate I don't get a list of spires to choose from anymore, just a blank map of Norrath...Any ideas? I haven't modified anything since update...

Thanks.

lewish 05-26-2010 10:40 AM

Ok nevermind..im retarded and sleep deprived...next time I modify stuff i should try restarting game huh...lol

lordebon 05-26-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewish (Post 90722)
Ok nevermind..im retarded and sleep deprived...next time I modify stuff i should try restarting game huh...lol

Yep, restarting after making changes is necessary :D

katal 05-26-2010 02:00 PM

Just wanted to say thanks, this got me working. I knew it was going to be a problem when I was on test last week. I just disabled my UI for that and it worked fine and was hoping that there would be an update here on the go-live date for GU56, but no such luck.

Glad that you figured it out so I didn't have to disable the entire UI for the live game!

Martinus 05-26-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l0ftn.o (Post 90651)
Has nothing to do with Windows 7, lol.

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\ (using the address bar of windows explorer). Problem solved.

Love people who can't be bothered to learn anything before crying "OMG IT SUCKS GIVE ME BACK MY OLD JUNK"

If I may suggest:

For those who have Windows 7, there is a nice way to access the EQ2 folder very fast.

Open Windows Explorer.
Enter this path in the adress bar : C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games

On the right you see the Everquest2 folder, drag it to the favorites on the left.

There, you have a fast short cut to the eq2 folder. :D

Safana 05-28-2010 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalanu (Post 90719)
Patched
eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
eq2ui_journals_quest.xml
eq2ui_popup.xml

Made changes to the above for use with GU56 until the UI gets properly patched let me know if you see any bugs they go into your UI/FetishNightfall directory rename/delete the old and replace with these. Enjoy :)

The button/checkbox on the new tab were aligned wrong and had another style than the others, fixed file attached.

Lalanu 05-28-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safana (Post 90790)
The button/checkbox on the new tab were aligned wrong and had another style than the others, fixed file attached.

Was rushing to get functional files out to get it up and running as an interum fix until Zonx could get a patch out for the UI.

Gardee 05-28-2010 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalanu (Post 90719)
Patched
eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
eq2ui_journals_quest.xml
eq2ui_popup.xml

Made changes to the above for use with GU56 until the UI gets properly patched let me know if you see any bugs they go into your UI/FetishNightfall directory rename/delete the old and replace with these. Enjoy :)

hi this is the map image of what ing to anmethod Of telleport what have i done wrong after installing the above 3 files patches
please see attached JPG file thank you

Gardee 05-28-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 90642)
To get your install of FetishNightfall working for GU56 until Zonx updates, do the following:

Delete/rename eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
Delete/rename eq2ui_journals_quest.xml

Open eq2ui_popup.xml and add the following line before </Page>:
<include>eq2ui_popup_travelmap.xml</include>

That should be it. If I missed one let me know and I'll update this post.

I find i am not able to edit / paste the line ....<include>eq2ui_popup_travelmap.xml</include>
when i try to save it says this file is a read only and Unable to change the properties ,,,,,helllllp more please if possible
thank you

Papabard 05-28-2010 10:15 PM

right click the file and uncheck the read only box. If that doesn't work make sure you are the adminstrator of the file and that UAC is off. Turn this off by going to control panel users User Account Control Settings

Gardee 05-28-2010 10:57 PM

Fixed the xml file but

I am still unable to TP Anywhere and still see a Blank brown map ???? same as before any more tips thank you much appreciated

PS the UAC you said about do u mean in windows 7 move the slider bar to the bottom on slide ?

Papabard 05-29-2010 12:00 AM

Yes all so you can change the file from read only

The other thing you can do is right click the 3 filse listed above and save as and save them to your fetish folder.