EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML Modification Help & Info (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Avoidence % (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7328)

Claritin 12-05-2006 11:31 PM

Avoidence %

Ariobeth Persona window and a few others had % avoidence prior to EoF. Now I am having a hard time locating this Dynamic Game Data tag... it seems maybe Sony didn't add a new tag but maybe recycled it and dumped the stupid raw number to us in the old useful dynamic game data holding bin.

Basically if there is diminishing returns I don't want a raw number... I want the IMPACT on the effect... the % avoidence... even if it is against even con non heroic mobs.

I have a small UI mod written back up for the player window to display a few additional pieces of info and this is the LAST piece I want added. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Kaisoku 12-06-2006 03:30 AM

I'd really like to know as well... I'd like to make or add to an existing ui thing the %'s for BOTH mitigation and avoidance... so I can quickly see when they drop in a fight. Would be useful as a tank.

*Edit*
One thing I noticed in the gamedata...

There's entries for Defense_Mitigation and Defense_MitigationPercent.. but for avoidance it's just Defense_Avoidance and then the Base, Block, Parry, Deflection sub sections.

There is, however, just a simple "Defense".. so gamedata.stats.defense must return something... but it can't be just plugged in like the mitigationpercent, so it's gotta be something else. Can't seem to get a value out of it though.

Claritin 12-15-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisoku
I'd really like to know as well... I'd like to make or add to an existing ui thing the %'s for BOTH mitigation and avoidance... so I can quickly see when they drop in a fight. Would be useful as a tank.

*Edit*
One thing I noticed in the gamedata...

There's entries for Defense_Mitigation and Defense_MitigationPercent.. but for avoidance it's just Defense_Avoidance and then the Base, Block, Parry, Deflection sub sections.

There is, however, just a simple "Defense".. so gamedata.stats.defense must return something... but it can't be just plugged in like the mitigationpercent, so it's gotta be something else. Can't seem to get a value out of it though.

yes Mitigation has a percent... as you said Defense_MitigationPercent Avoidence does not... it USED to be a percent... and now it's a raw number... it never changed names of the field SOE just changed what the field pulled from the server.

I tried Defense_AvoidencePercent and it failed.

HOWEVER there are

Code:

<DynamicData description="Stats Defense" Name="Defense_AvoidanceBase"/>
<DynamicData description="Blocking (shields)" Name="Defense_AvoidanceBlock"/>
<DynamicData description="Stats Defense" Name="Defense_AvoidanceDeflection"/>
<DynamicData description="Stats Defense" Name="Defense_AvoidanceParry"/>

These I believe all come back as %

ALSO... when you inspect a player it comes back as a % for avoidence (yeah... lets hear it for SOE consistency! WOOHOO!)

The code there goes like this

Code:

<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" LocalText="10000" Location="83,146" Margin="0,0,5,0" Name="DEFValue_Avoidance" ScrollExtent="69,20" Size="69,20" TextAlignmentVertical="Center">:77a22014884382ba_2:10000</Text>
Obviously that wierd code = bring up avoidence for whomever I inspected... which is useless to me in that form.

So it has to be possible... right now I think the best bet is adding the % together for base + block + deflect + parry and saying that is the % needed.

At that point I could log in a toon to inspect me on a 2nd PC and see if the number there matched what is in my UI component on the first PC.

However... I don't know how to add dynamic data together.... and I don't have time in combat to sit there doing 4 numbers with 3 digits added together... it's a bit much to handle... and more than I want to put on my screen as well.

Can anyone tell me how to add numbers from dynamic data together?

dragowulf 12-15-2006 08:28 PM

hate to burst your bubbles butsoe did that on purpose and changed the avoidance % to a numeric value, which it should be like mit. where u can do either. for now u just have to inspect yourself by right clicking your player window...or hover your mouse over your avoidance. they should make it percent/numbers,hopefully they will do that

cannot add the nubmers together fyi

Claritin 12-17-2006 06:08 PM

Yeah that's what I thought... SOE changed the value and never added in a way to retrieve the old style #.

I am sure you CAN add the numbers together... but it would probably require outbutting the dynamic data to another file and having a routine that would add that file's contents together and re-output it to another file and then have the XML file grab a piece of data from that last file... and it would have to happen constantly... which for all intensive purposes means it can't be done because realistically it would be a huge waste of time and energy to get there.

I mean I saw a mod a long time ago that helped you calculate DPS by letting you have like a calculator interface inside EQ2... so if you had the time, knowledge, and energy to do it... I am sure it's possible... but I do not have those things :-(

P.S. Familiar with your work... good stuff.

dragowulf 12-17-2006 06:45 PM

ahh thanks

I might look into that if it wont be fixed in GU30. Working on a guild window as of right now...ill see after im done

drago

Kaisoku 12-19-2006 01:14 AM

Well, the way avoidance is added together is as follows:

Base %
+
Block or Deflection % x (1 - Base %)
+
Parry % x (1 - Base% - (Block or Deflection % x (1 - Base %)))

Basically.. you take the base (say, 40%). Then you add the percentage given from block or deflection on what remains (100% - 40% = 60%). So if you have 40% Deflection for example, you'd add 40% x 60% = 24%.
Then Parry is the remainder of all that (100% - 40% - 24% = 36%). So if you had 10% Parry, you are looking at adding 3.6%.

That's why 40% Base plus 40% Deflection plus 10% Parry comes out to 67.6% Avoidance, not 90%...

Myanta 02-26-2007 09:31 AM

So is their a way to use that formula on a screen? I know how to use xml tags and modify the UI but not how to use calculations in XML.

Landiin 02-26-2007 03:19 PM

I don't think you can add it, because of the % it puts on the end.

but to add the numbers if you can u just add the LocalText of the text object. Like;
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisoku
Base %
+
Block or Deflection % x (1 - Base %)
+
Parry % x (1 - Base% - (Block or Deflection % x (1 - Base %)))

(base.localtext + (block.localtext * (1 - base.localtext))) + (parry.localtext * (1 - base.localtext - (block.localtext * (1 - base.localtezt))))

/boggle my head hurts bye!