EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML Modification Help & Info (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Just a silly question (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9338)

Telbin 10-12-2007 12:52 PM

Just a silly question

howdy,

I have the costum Raid window UI by Breyer, for Conj/Necros.

If you are not familiar with it, it allows us to cast shards and hearts with out changing our current target...very handy

Thank you Breyer:D

It sends a /tell to the target, letting them know they are getting one.
But, I would like to also announce it in /rs at the same time.

What is the XML code I would need to use for the operation... Im daft when it comes to figuring things out like this

thanks in advanced

T

gm9 10-12-2007 01:14 PM

Just search the XML for "tell" and look how that is coded. It will look something like "tell <target> <message>". Now just copy that, make a new line directly after <message> (but before the "), paste the copied text and change it to something like "raidsay casting XXX on <target>". Hope that made sense. Good luck. ;)

Telbin 10-13-2007 07:58 AM

okies, I understand what you are saying to do for the most part. But I dont see the text line as "tell", this is what the line says with the /tell info, this is the whole line

<Data Name="HealSpell1" spellname="Scintilla of Essence" text="Incoming Shard (Fabled) USE WISELY" />

how would I put the /rs part in there??

thanks again

T

lordebon 10-13-2007 08:49 AM

You need to find another line that actually has the "tell" command in it. That just has _what_ it will tell. The one with the "tell" command in it should be a <Button> type object., that one is a <Data> type object.

Telbin 10-15-2007 06:19 AM

okies, I looked thru the file again and found the only lines that had "tell" in it, this the code line.

<Button LocalTooltip="Cast Essence" Location="0,2" MaximumSize="20,20" MinimumSize="20,20" Name="M1H1" OnPress="tell Parent.Member1.Name.LocalText Parent.Parent.Parent.HealSpells.HealSpell1.Text useabilityonplayer Parent.Member1.Name.LocalText Parent.Parent.Parent.HealSpells.HealSpell1.SpellName" RStyleDefault="Heal1Style" ScrollExtent="20,20" Size="20,20" Tooltip="Cast Essence" />

what would the line code be to send a message to /raidsay?

Thanks again

TB

gm9 10-15-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telbin (Post 63884)
okies, I looked thru the file again and found the only lines that had "tell" in it, this the code line.

<Button LocalTooltip="Cast Essence" Location="0,2" MaximumSize="20,20" MinimumSize="20,20" Name="M1H1" OnPress="tell Parent.Member1.Name.LocalText Parent.Parent.Parent.HealSpells.HealSpell1.Text
raidsay Casting Parent.Parent.Parent.HealSpells.HealSpell1.spellname on Parent.Member1.Name.LocalText
useabilityonplayer Parent.Member1.Name.LocalText Parent.Parent.Parent.HealSpells.HealSpell1.SpellName" RStyleDefault="Heal1Style" ScrollExtent="20,20" Size="20,20" Tooltip="Cast Essence" />

what would the line code be to send a message to /raidsay?

My proposal added in bold for /raidsay Casting <spellname> on <target>. Note the linebreaks (I'm kinda surprised the original works without them...).

Othesus 10-15-2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 63885)
My proposal added in bold for /raidsay Casting <spellname> on <target>. Note the linebreaks (I'm kinda surprised the original works without them...).

I remember reading in some of the threads about scripting that multiple scripts execute from right to left but it's normally easier to read if you put a line break between each one.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5406

Or are you talking more about number of terms in the script?

gm9 10-15-2007 07:32 AM

Yes, it is right to left within one line, even if you do multi-line, but yes, I was talking about the number of arguments. I generally ran into issues with one-line commands that separate arguments by spaces, with the parser sometimes not being able to tell command from argument.