EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   cannot get right click options on hotbar (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7840)

Orion31 02-13-2007 01:32 PM

cannot get right click options on hotbar

I uninstalled Profit and reinstalled it 2 weeks later and now when I right click on my hotbars I do not get any options. I cannot resize, open new hotbar or anything. Any suggestions?

Vanyari 02-13-2007 01:40 PM

It's an SOE problem really with their new hotbar mechanics. I don't know if gm9 will have a workaround for it or not in an upcoming patch but in the meanwhile...

To access you menu you need to right-click on the very edge of a hotbar, basically right on the line of the last box in your hotbar. Experiment a little, you'll find the 'sweet spot' and it'll bring up your menu for ya. Kind of a pain but you get used to it pretty quickly. I don't even notice much anymore.

gm9 02-13-2007 01:41 PM

Make sure you use the latest version and right click in the lower right corner of each hotbar where the move target appears on mouse-over. SOE changed the context menu, you can no longer right-click the buttons themselves. I suggest to /feedback that the context-menu change wasn't helpful (at least I haven't talked to anybody yet who thought that it was a good idea).

gm9 02-13-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanyari
It's an SOE problem really with their new hotbar mechanics. I don't know if gm9 will have a workaround for it or not in an upcoming patch but in the meanwhile....

I released v3.1 last weekend, workaround is to always have the move-target visible on mouse-over regardless of your settings. ;)

(btw the move-target originally went in as a workaround for SOE making it difficult to move hotbars - don't you love them messing with hotbars?!).

Orion31 02-13-2007 04:59 PM

Thanks

That is what the deal was. Thank you very much for your help.. Great UI :nana:

bigp58 02-24-2007 09:33 AM

I used to have the move hotbar square in the last spell box. I lost it somewhere along the way. Ive tried changing the frame type from none, frame only and frame and titlebar. I cant seem to get it back. Is there anything special i have to do?

gm9 02-24-2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigp58
I used to have the move hotbar square in the last spell box. I lost it somewhere along the way. Ive tried changing the frame type from none, frame only and frame and titlebar. I cant seem to get it back. Is there anything special i have to do?

You should only need to mouse over regardless of the settings if you are using the latest version.

htmlartist 02-26-2007 09:07 PM

It is not giving me the "move" square either. I've tried changing the frame options as well and no dice. I am using 3.1 and the only file I kept from my previous directory was the uisettings. Could that be causing this?

gm9 02-27-2007 04:10 AM

Confirmed. I just checked the code that was released and it seems the move area is always hidden regardless of your settings. Funny I didn't get more feedback on this.

Will release a fix tonight and also include the pet window with the new pet commands.