EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ThorUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Thor Auto Updater Issues (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10815)

Zyrena 04-11-2008 10:37 AM

Thor Auto Updater Issues

Running the Thor Auto Updater, it gets stuck at "Checking Files" and never starts up beyond that message. Is there an update being done? Or is Thor just dead now and I should find another?

Tikshadow 04-11-2008 11:11 AM

Same Issue

Having the exact same issue here. Just wanted to post so we know it's affecting more than one person.

Yazuli 04-11-2008 07:40 PM

It stops during the "checking files" step then I get a login dialog requesting a user name and password. I hit cancel and all the buttons (cancel, advanced, etc) are grayed out.

Revom 04-11-2008 07:42 PM

I am haveing the same problem. I get a logon window too.

fattman 04-11-2008 07:42 PM

same issue this am but this aternoon it starts buts comes up with a login screen now. What is going on????

Selfea 04-11-2008 07:45 PM

I'm getting a login screen today too...any ideas?

rrr80120 04-11-2008 07:48 PM

Thor's been dead since January. Faetyl hasn't been on since 01-05-2008 09:26 PM. Unless someone else takes it over, there will never be any more fixes or updates.

Niinnod 04-12-2008 09:06 PM

What about the other guy?

Didn't Faetyl and someone by the name of MrNice do ThorUI together? There must be someone else to get this thing up and running again?

Another question... since Thor UI A/U comes up with a username and password login, does that mean that whomever owned the space quit paying for it? In which case, I would surmise that Thor really IS dead. Man.... I don't even want to think about using another UI. I've been using this one since I started playing back in 2005. It will be difficult for me to switch........

Tikshadow 04-13-2008 08:59 PM

Time to move on.

I've also been using Thor since I switched to EQ2 from EQ. So I felt uneasy switching to Profit. After a couple minor tweaks, Profit was pretty easy to switch to. Some UI's are quite a bit better, some not so much. I just deleted Thor from my system. I really liked Thor, but as with all things EQ... people move on and so have I.

Skyecat 04-18-2008 07:19 PM

This is what I get when I run the Thor AU
"The system cannont find the path specified"

I have played with this UI since first was released. Having come from using TK's stuff in EQ, this is the only UI I could live with. I cannot even fathom trying to piece together another UI. I will continue to use this until it breaks. Faetyl, if you are out there, please continue with this brilliant masterpiece <wipes the brown smudge off his nose>. I and I am sure others, would even consider donating to have a running server if you continue the updates.

Skywa 04-27-2008 08:36 AM

ThoR UI is dead tonight .....

Today I'm sad. I was planning to make my come back to EQ2 after about one year of playing an other MMO.

I 'm very disapointed that nobody could keep this wonderfull UI up to date.

So, i will back to the UI defaut and maybe try another UI.

BUT if someone wants to run a free server and work in keeping ThorUI update, sure i will donate
* waiting for magic developper *

Megera 04-28-2008 02:59 PM

we shall see what may be done. i want to give the creator a little more time. does anyone know how to contact him or how long one should wait before raising the black flag and boarding a UI to take over?

... have i been playing PotC online too much?

gm9 04-28-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megera (Post 72366)
we shall see what may be done. i want to give the creator a little more time. does anyone know how to contact him or how long one should wait before raising the black flag and boarding a UI to take over?

Faetyl hasn't logged into this site in 3 months, I think you can give it a go and I'm fairly certain he'd be happy to know the community did not let his UI die.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megera (Post 72366)
... have i been playing PotC online too much?

Probably.