||09-01-2019 09:23 AM
EQ2 Maps won't run, no error mssg
****Please fully read post of what has been tried already before offering solutions****
I love EQ2 Maps, and honestly can't play without it. However, in a few months ago, it just stopped working. No error message or anything. I click to launch it and nothing happens. I have tried everything.
- I have tried uninstalling and re-installing EQ2 Maps
- I have tried copying and overwriting the entire EQ2 Maps folder from another pc that it works on
- I have put an exception in my anti-virus program
- I have run 2 different anti-virus programs
- I have disabled my antivirus and tried to run EQ2 Maps
- I have run Malware Bytes
- I tried a system restore when it first started happening
- I have set it to run as an administrator, both in properties, and right click run as admin
- I have run a file check from EQ2 Launcher
Here are my specs, dunno what's needed and what's not. Also don't know if anything relevant I missed putting on my spec list.
- I am using a laptop with a touchscreen.
- I am running Windows 10 Pro
- Intel(R) Core(Tm) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
- Intel(R) 7 series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
- RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 usable)
- 64-bit OS, ACPI x64-based processor
- HD Graphics 4000
- Directx 12
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219(1)
Any assistance of figuring out how to fix this is much appreciated!
||09-02-2019 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Chronia
I have tried copying and overwriting the entire EQ2 Maps folder from another pc that it works on
What happened in-game when you did this? Try it again and type /loadui
in the chat window, then choose the correct folder name from the list. If there is no folder listed for EQ2MAP then type /loadui <name of copied folder>
||09-02-2019 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Darqwood
What happened in-game when you did this? Try it again and type /loadui in the chat window, then choose the correct folder name from the list. If there is no folder listed for EQ2MAP then type /loadui <name of copied folder>.
That's the thing, the maps were working fine in game and had all the poi's and the game was accessing the right directory, just the updater didn't work at all, so I couldn't get map updates for anything new. I'd double click to launch the map updater and it would literally do nothing, as if I hadn't clicked on anything at all.
I got it working again only because EQ2 itself suddenly kept crashing after clicking start from the launher. I tried everything to get the game fixed. Unltimately it came down to manually deleting all the EQ2, EverQuest2, Daybreak, Sony Online Entertainment, and SOE files on the computer, removing them from the add/remove programs list because they weren't there anymore and then reinstalling everything. So it's working again now, but still have no idea why it stopped.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.
vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.