EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Adornment background/slot Icons (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15717)

cdec518 06-03-2011 02:23 PM

Adornment background/slot Icons

It seems with GU60 I am missing the artwork for the adornment slots. It is merely superficial until I loot an item and cannot tell what color slots it has. I have seen what the slot icons are supposed to look like, and it works on my laptop, but my desktop is still missing the art after cross-checking the files.

Anyone know which file they put this new artwork under? I have a lot of custom UIs so it is entirely possible I have covered them up.

ps using DrumsUI examine window specifically, but even upon deleting it they will not show. Hep!

Darqwood 06-03-2011 02:28 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Looks like icon_is108.dds has most of the gems and icon_is109.dds has the slots and a couple of the gems.

cdec518 06-03-2011 02:35 PM

Hmm I found that, and they are all there and I haven't tinkered with that file at all. Strangely enough, the new Gryphon icons will display on my machine, but no Adornment slots. Any idea?

Drumstix42 06-03-2011 04:51 PM

The new artwork files are under default. If you are using my examine UI, you need to make sure you have it updated and in the correct install folder.

If you're using my full UI, there is one image file that I modified, but not having it would simply cause the default icon file to be used instead.

cdec518 06-03-2011 07:57 PM

Yeah your examine window worked fine, the links and all, and the dds file seems undisturbed....but no slots. Seems so weird :[

Like I said, I am getting the new Gryphon icon that is on the same dds file, but the slots won't show with or without Drums examine window.

raveneye_pl 06-05-2011 05:43 AM

Same problem here (using profit, files are up to date). It's only a cosmetic bug until you want to overwrite an adornment - then it gets annoying because you simply can't do it.

cdec518 06-06-2011 12:05 AM

Any help would be huge, i tried deleting the default files and repatching. I still get the gems but set in a black background, and if it isnt already adorned, it's just a blank space.

Drumstix42 06-06-2011 03:12 AM

have you tried using the default UI? Do you have the same problem?

Have you recently re-installed the game? Are you sure you're not editing the wrong installation directory?

cdec518 06-06-2011 09:51 AM

I tried using just the default examine window, still no slots.
It is the correct directory, because yesterday i tried deleting the icon files while still in game, and it changed to a white background where they should be. Repatched, and still no slots.
The only thing I could think of that might affect it is I also have Passa's Stone UI Skin (http://www.eq2interface.com/download...defaultUI.html)

Update: Just went in-game and loaded the full default UI, and I have the slots. Now how can I fix this?

Drumstix42 06-06-2011 10:18 AM

Sounds like an outdated eq2ui_IconStyles.xml

cdec518 06-06-2011 10:32 AM

renamed that file, now repatching...

cdec518 06-06-2011 10:48 AM

Worked like a charm sir, many thanks. Doesn't look like it affected anything else major, so I'll roll with it for now :)

Magda 06-22-2011 03:37 PM

Upgrading Adornments

What is more important than not seeing the adornment slots is that when you try to upgrade the adornment to a higher level (e.g., yellow 2.5 crit mit to a DoV 5 crit mit), it tells you that the adornment can fit in multiple slots and asks you to select the slot you want to put it in. Since you can no longer see the slots, you cannot select the slot you want to upgrade.

What is funny is there is a white adornment slot and a yellow or red one. The red adornment will not fit into a white or yellow, only into the red slot so there are not multiple slots it can fit in.

What's more strange, even if the object only has one slot, you get the same message that there are multiple slots, please select the one you want to place it in. Again, since you cannot see it, you cannot upgrade it.

I tried using the default and noted that the same problem exists.

Drumstix42 06-22-2011 07:00 PM

The reason is because there are items in the game as of GU60 that have more than one of the same color slot (which is a big reason the change went in). There is no smart coding involved that will detect if just one exists and auto-insert in that spot.

I'd suggest posting feedback on anything about the system you don't like on the Official forums as there isn't anything we the modders can do except change the art in this instance.