EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   eXtremeUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   EQ2 UI Settings Spy (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8661)

Landiin 06-29-2007 08:21 AM

EQ2 UI Settings Spy

Comments, Discussion, offset, feature suggestion and bug report.

Drumstix42 08-10-2008 01:15 AM

Does it require some kinda of special .NET update to run? I'm having trouble opening the program on this PC. It goes into my Process list, but nothing happens.

I have 2.0 installed, and haven't had problems with other programs. Win XP SP2 here.
Same as this bug report I think:
http://www.eq2interface.com/portal.p...wbug&bugid=257

Landiin 08-10-2008 01:43 AM

Nothing is needed for it to run. It isn't written in managed code.

Seems if there is no text chat channels it hangs.. working on it now...>.<

Landiin 08-10-2008 03:16 AM

New version being upped now. Should fix the issues of the last release, also added support for reading voice chat channel passwords.

UI settings.ini files pre LU47 are no longer supported. If you happen to click on one, it will inform you of such. You can still brows the data but models will not be broke out.

Drumstix42 08-10-2008 05:38 AM

Appreciate the update. Working good for me now. :cool:

gm9 08-10-2008 11:19 AM

Thanks Landiin. :)

nluerdarea 08-11-2008 12:22 AM

Does what it's supposed to do

Works great, some options are a little too advanced for me, but managing the chat channels was enough =P Thanks.

Chrislau 08-19-2008 05:31 AM

I'm still having an empty window...

Landiin 08-22-2008 07:29 AM

Has the settings file you are looking been updated by the game to the new format with voice channels? If it is in the old format then yes, it will not show the windows. If it is a new settings file, please post it or email it to me so I can see why it isn't decoding your.

Chrislau 08-23-2008 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 75281)
Has the settings file you are looking been updated by the game to the new format with voice channels? If it is in the old format then yes, it will not show the windows. If it is a new settings file, please post it or email it to me so I can see why it isn't decoding your.

Settings file PM'ed. :)

Landiin 08-23-2008 03:50 PM

Got it.. will check it out this weekend some time.

mandi 09-18-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrislau (Post 75238)
I'm still having an empty window...

I have the same problem. Is it solved or something new?

Landiin 09-18-2008 08:53 AM

No my HD crashed and burned and I haven't got around to reinstalling Delphi on the new one to work on the bug.

gm9 02-20-2009 05:03 PM

Since you're updating it for the new format, but since a "spy" is no longer needed now that the files are cleartext, here are some ideas I had for the app to change it to a uisettings troubleshooter if you are interested:
  • detect off screen windows and suggest automatically fixing that
  • detect windows with height or width = 0 and suggest automatically fixing that
  • option to remove chat windows which are forced hidden (since they sometimes seem to receive chat input without even existing)
  • more stuff that breaks UIs that you can think of
  • if you have entirely too much time, provide a full layouting screen that renders a box for each window that you can place and resize
:)

Landiin 02-22-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 81031)
Since you're updating it for the new format, but since a "spy" is no longer needed now that the files are cleartext, here are some ideas I had for the app to change it to a uisettings troubleshooter if you are interested:
  • detect off screen windows and suggest automatically fixing that
  • detect windows with height or width = 0 and suggest automatically fixing that
  • option to remove chat windows which are forced hidden (since they sometimes seem to receive chat input without even existing)
  • more stuff that breaks UIs that you can think of
  • if you have entirely too much time, provide a full layouting screen that renders a box for each window that you can place and resize
:)

I see you've been smoken crack again... :P I've planned on some of the things you have requested but It'll be later once the basic core code and functionality is in place.

gm9 02-22-2009 09:36 AM

I don't do drugs, I'm just naturally insane. :eek:

Eryl 05-29-2009 05:50 PM

Is this addon not available anymore?

Landiin 05-29-2009 10:29 PM

No it was broke with the new .xml system. When I find time I'll rewrite it and put it back up but really now the the character settings are saved in .xml file its easy to read and edit.

Eryl 06-06-2009 04:13 PM

Wish i knew how to edit .xml lol this bag bug is pissin me off!