EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2Interface News (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   UI Revamp? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14040)

Dolby 03-29-2010 09:04 PM

UI Revamp coming?

Alan "Brenlo" Crosby, EQII Senior Producer, shares with us some of the future plans of EverQuest II in his Producer's Letter. At the bottom of the letter and the thing that caught mt eye right away is a very short mention of revamping the UI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenlo
  • UI Revamp – Allowing for more customization from the community

Read the entire letter here.

Update: I've sent some questions to Brenlo to see if he can expand on this any more.

Drumstix42 03-29-2010 09:53 PM

UI updates? in Eq2? :eek:

Landiin 03-30-2010 02:35 AM

Great! Whin I gave up on them making it easier to mod EQ2's UI and started back to modding. They are going make it more customizable. (I read, will have to rework my entire UI like I had to do with GU13) Oh well, crosses fingers they are at least doing away with the double tree. Such a pain working around when a window is actually loaded into memory.

Narzoo 04-02-2010 09:41 AM

Isn't this what Rothgar had been working on? Adding LAU?

Drumstix42 04-02-2010 11:52 PM

Rothgar mentioned it once, maybe twice, as a possibility, but I don't think he ever directly said he was working on getting it into the game.

If anything, I would like to see the UI take up less system resources if possible, while still allowing more customization from the community.

But I guess we shall see soon enough what kind of "UI revamp" they have planned :)

Dolby 04-03-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narzoo (Post 89680)
Isn't this what Rothgar had been working on? Adding LAU?

Lua, yeah that would really allow for a great deal of customization. It's not an easy task, another popular MMO allows this and they have a team of 4+ people just working on the UI and with the authors in the community. I hope they do it, brings an entire new dimension to UI modding.

lordebon 04-05-2010 08:53 PM

Lua would be nice, but I highly doubt they managed to get that in already, not with the expansion crunch and all that. I've been surprised before, so you never know though.

My guess is that it'll be more along the lines of what Rothgar was talking about in the past -- revamping the default UI, rather than a revamp of the actual system the UI is based on.

dragowulf 04-21-2010 01:23 PM

We'll see. I hope it makes the process much easier to develope, update, and install custom user interfaces.

Ellyana 05-24-2010 06:45 PM

has Brenlo or anyone responded to your request for info about this yet?

lordebon 05-25-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellyana (Post 90598)
has Brenlo or anyone responded to your request for info about this yet?

Brenlo no longer works for SOE, so that's unlikely. Would be interesting to hear back from Rothgar though, as he just said that they're working on some changes to the map window.