EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   EQ2Map now broken (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12613)

Shoal 03-31-2009 04:22 PM

EQ2Map now broken

With the latest patch, EQ2Map seems to be broken. The icons for Quests available and Quests completed no longer show on either the Mini-map, nor on the Main map. Possibly other icons are missing as well, but for sure those two types are. If EQ2Map is disabled so that the regular EQ mapping is active, the Quest icons return.

Note that a friend that uses Prophit UI says that his maps still show the Quest Icons fine, so it would seem to be a problem specific to EQ2Map code.

gm9 03-31-2009 04:32 PM

Haven't tested this yet but I'd wager that you probably just haven't run the EQ2MAP updater in a while. For over a month we were forcing the update of the _Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml, but we are no longer doing so (since some UIs modify this file). Try deleting it at let the EQ2MAP updater redownload it.

smittydks 03-31-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 81829)
Haven't tested this yet but I'd wager that you probably just haven't run the EQ2MAP updater in a while. For over a month we were forcing the update of the _Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml, but we are no longer doing so (since some UIs modify this file). Try deleting it at let the EQ2MAP updater redownload it.

Thats a no go gm9. Deleted the file and re-ran the eq2map updater and and still no quest icons. Have any other suggestions?

[Edit] After deleting the ProfitUI directory and doing a clean install of both Profit and EQ2Map, the icons are back, however they are not flashing as they used to (which makes them a good bit harder to pick out).

gm9 04-01-2009 03:52 AM

I checked it out, the non-flashyness is actually a change to the default map also. I set the files that need updating for this change to be forced to update by the EQ2MAP updater again for a little while so everybody who only updates for GUs catches them.

Shoal 04-01-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 81883)
I checked it out, the non-flashyness is actually a change to the default map also. I set the files that need updating for this change to be forced to update by the EQ2MAP updater again for a little while so everybody who only updates for GUs catches them.

Unfortunately, I do not use Prophit UI, only EQ2Map. After cleaning out and downloading (Manual) again, it is still broken in EQ2Map. No Quest Icons at all, flashing or not.

Need a fix for EQ2Map, which seems to be the core of the problem.

gm9 04-01-2009 02:08 PM

Are you saying that you use the manual EQ2MAP download? Then that's your problem, it hasn't been updated for GU51 yet, we'll have to do that.

Shoal 04-01-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 81936)
Are you saying that you use the manual EQ2MAP download? Then that's your problem, it hasn't been updated for GU51 yet, we'll have to do that.

Yuppers. Based on your previous post, I decided to try the Auto-Updater. Cleaned the system and ran that. :)

Now, I do have the Quest Icons in EQ2Map again. :nana:

They are still not flashing, though. Which makes them -very- hard to find amidst the clutter of everything else. Sort of mandates turning the other POI off until needed. Book Icons seem to be smaller as well; maybe just my perception.

In any case, thanks for your help. :)
Up and running again. :D

gm9 04-01-2009 02:49 PM

If you run the updater they should be flashy again now. :)

EDIT: Also I just brought the manual download up to date.

smittydks 04-01-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 81941)
If you run the updater they should be flashy again now. :)

EDIT: Also I just brought the manual download up to date.

Thank you! Your speed at fixing any issues is why I will always love this UI :)

gm9 04-02-2009 02:31 AM

You are welcome, but this was purely an EQ2MAP thing (and it was easy to fix). :)