EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Mahonri's UI Pieces (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3973)

Mahonri 08-17-2005 08:22 PM

Mahonri's UI Pieces

I'm finally getting around to starting this thread for all of my UI pieces so I don't have to check on all of them for a post.

If you have any questions, requests, bugs, or any other form of feedback concerning any of my UI pieces, then please post it here.

Thanks All!

Sionae Hwi 08-17-2005 09:14 PM

Black Coin Window

1 Attachment(s)
Figure I should put it here. This is just a snippet of whats happening. I figure I have some bad code elsewhere thats conflicting, but you might have a better idea where I should look.

Update: Some how my mainhud file got overwritten and that line of code was neglected. Thus giving what you see, but I fixed it and it works fine. Sorry for the trouble (me stupid)

Mahonri 08-17-2005 09:27 PM

weird

That's strange that all text as well as the status icons are missing... There might be a conflict with another custom piece you're using.
For now, try placing it in it's own UI folder and running that. I'll run through the construction and see where things might be fouling up.

davidrone 08-18-2005 01:56 AM

The new UI version seems to be working now for me, very nice. Although if the HP/PWR was shown like in this UI it would be awesome. http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3377

Mahonri 08-18-2005 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrone
The new UI version seems to be working now for me, very nice. Although if the HP/PWR was shown like in this UI it would be awesome. http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3377

That's doable. I'll see what I can get thrown together.

Would you like the same order?

ie:

xxxx / xxxx
xxx%
xxxx / xxxx
xxx%

or a different order?

ie:

xxxx / xxxx
xxx%
xxx%
xxxx / xxxx

davidrone 08-18-2005 11:14 AM

I've been using that UI till I found yours so the same setup would be nice :) And Thanks alot for doing this, Its great.

Mahonri 08-18-2005 11:42 AM

Sure thing. I should have it up in two shakes...

Mahonri 08-18-2005 12:01 PM

Mahonri's Other Alternate Advanced Player Window

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I submitted the new one. I'll post a direct link to it's page as soon as it's accepted. Here's a screenshot though. let me know if this is what you had in mind.

Here's the link:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3958

Mahonri 08-18-2005 12:22 PM

Sionae's Coin Window Problem

Sionae Hwi,

I couldn't find anything that I thought might be a problem on my end (I could be wrong), but I did think of a possibility... Check your UI folder for custom versions of these files:

images/widgets03.dds
eq2ui_fonts.xml

Those are the ones associated with the missing pieces. If you find them in your UI folder they may have been altered to leave those parts out. If so, you will need to delete them for this to work. Other than that, I don't know what might be the problem.

If anyone else is having issues with my coin window, please let me know. And if anyone has any ideas about what might be causing Sionae's problem we'd love to hear it. Thanks!

davidrone 08-18-2005 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahonri
OK, I submitted the new one. I'll post a direct link to it's page as soon as it's accepted. Here's a screenshot though. let me know if this is what you had in mind.

Here's the link:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3958

The new one works superb, although, if it's easy and possible to make the digits larger I'd like that :)

Mahonri 08-18-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidrone
The new one works superb, although, if it's easy and possible to make the digits larger I'd like that :)

Again, that's doable, and I can have it sometime tomorrow. The thing with a larger font though will be moving the numbers down for the extra room making them uneven from the bars, but I'll see what I can do about that too...

Mahonri 08-19-2005 05:13 PM

Larger font in player window

1 Attachment(s)
It turned out better than I thought... I just used the default Zapf15 font and adjusted the positioning a bit. Enjoy!

davidrone 08-21-2005 09:53 AM

Quote:

It turned out better than I thought... I just used the default Zapf15 font and adjusted the positioning a bit. Enjoy!

Its perfect, well done :)

Faedyen 08-27-2005 08:54 PM

A Toggle?

Is there a way to toggle this window on and off while in the game? I like this mod...

Mahonri 08-27-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faedyen
Is there a way to toggle this window on and off while in the game? I like this mod...

Are you referring to the coin info window? Sorry, I use this thread for all my mods...

Mahonri 09-20-2005 12:09 AM

Request

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an altered version of my Advanced Player Window per a request by Ezrael.

fraenhawk 09-21-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Here is an altered version of my Advanced Player Window per a request by Ezrael.

This version is the best of them all! Thanks :nana:

Treyna 09-22-2005 09:18 PM

Complete Goof

great mod .. got it working :D

MrNice 09-27-2005 12:26 PM

Hey,

I'd like to add these options to Thor UI...would you mind if we added these HUD's to our auto update directory? Folks will be able to auto-install these modifications by checking a box if we integratre them into our system.

Please let me know if it's ok to publish these...full credit will be given to you in the "about" box for each feature.

Mahonri 09-27-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNice
Hey,

I'd like to add these options to Thor UI...would you mind if we added these HUD's to our auto update directory? Folks will be able to auto-install these modifications by checking a box if we integratre them into our system.

Please let me know if it's ok to publish these...full credit will be given to you in the "about" box for each feature.

Sure! I'm flattered that you would consider my work. Thank you.

How exactly will this work with new/updated pieces?

MrNice 09-27-2005 07:50 PM

Quote:

Sure! I'm flattered that you would consider my work. Thank you.

How exactly will this work with new/updated pieces?

We'll simply post the update file on the server and change it's manifest (Thor UI has the ability to link to unlimited manifests). All users who have downloaded your interface options will automatically get the update. All users of Thor UI will automatically see your update as an option.

I'll let you know as soon as I get those posted...should be tomorrow.

Mahonri 09-27-2005 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNice
We'll simply post the update file on the server and change it's manifest (Thor UI has the ability to link to unlimited manifests). All users who have downloaded your interface options will automatically get the update. All users of Thor UI will automatically see your update as an option.

I'll let you know as soon as I get those posted...should be tomorrow.

Great! So if I understand correctly, all my future mods and updates will also be made available? That's pretty nice. Thanks for the invite.

MrNice 09-28-2005 10:17 AM

Hi,

I have enabled your compact experience bars in Thor UI Auto Updater. If you use the application, just browse to features/MainHud/experience and you'll see your options there. Anyone checking one your options will have them installed automatically.

I will do my best to track when you update. If you want to ensure we post updates right away (and fixes, etc..) just e-mail me a copy at [email protected].

I have to post your new file and make a very small change to the manifest to publish an update.

By doing this, everyone using Auto Updater and your mods will automatically download any updates as soon as they are published. No one will have to look around to make sure they are getting your latest stuff.

I'll let you know as soon as I get some more.

Mahonri 09-28-2005 10:38 AM

Good deal! Thanks.

Mahonri 09-29-2005 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In response to a request I recieved, I am linking an alternate version of my coin info window that lists the status info first. Here it is. Enjoy!

Steppin 09-29-2005 05:54 PM

coinweight

that's perfect !!
thank you tons
steppin

Walter 10-01-2005 09:03 AM

Coin Window

Hiya's,

Love yer mod's but have a problem, can't get the coin weight thing to work...

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want to use this piece! :D

Not sure if I'm being a complete dumb ass or what?

Every time I install it then alter the .xml files as stated i log in and my game crashes... once I take the thing off and change the .xml's back it's all fine?

Please oh please great and powerful Mahonri can you write a dumb asses guide to geting this thing to work!

Thanks (in hope of help), ;)

Walter.

Mahonri 10-01-2005 10:15 AM

Coin Info readme

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter
Every time I install it then alter the .xml files as stated i log in and my game crashes... once I take the thing off and change the .xml's back it's all fine?

Please oh please great and powerful Mahonri can you write a dumb asses guide to geting this thing to work!

Thank you for push starting me into making this readme document. ;) It's been a long time coming. I'll include it in the mod download as well.
Here 'tis!

Walter 10-01-2005 02:33 PM

Thankyou

Thankyou sooooooooo much!

Worked first time after reading the read me, also just installed your character select screen mod.

Also worked first time!

Which is grrrrrrrreat as I couldn't get Pooka's to work.

Thanks again.

Walter.

Mahonri 10-01-2005 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter
Thankyou sooooooooo much!

Any time. Glad I could help :D

Lonissa 10-03-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Great work, as a healer, I love it. One request, though - the numbers between the bars just don't feel right to me, would it be possible to have percentages on the right? Sort of this style: http://eq2interface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=3340

Mahonri 10-03-2005 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonissa
Great work, as a healer, I love it. One request, though - the numbers between the bars just don't feel right to me, would it be possible to have percentages on the right? Sort of this style: http://eq2interface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=3340

How's this? :)

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3955

Walter 10-06-2005 04:22 AM

Xp Bar

Hiya's

Could you please post a size comparison screenie for your xp bar.

Cheers,

Walter.

NVM loaded it and checked it out myself :)

Niinnod 10-15-2005 10:58 PM

Hey Mahonri:

Great ideas! I love your character switch screen... although :confused: for some reason I'm unable to edit my .xml file. Actually, I can edit it, but when I save it, run ThorUI, play game and try to switch, the info isn't there. (Using notebook to edit) So I go back and check my eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml file, it's back to the standard "character"/"Server" and my names are gone. Like I never edited it in the first place. Am I editing the correct file? Thanks for helpin' out a noob :)

Mahonri 10-16-2005 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyKliner
...for some reason I'm unable to edit my .xml file. Actually, I can edit it, but when I save it, run ThorUI, play game and try to switch, the info isn't there. (Using notebook to edit) So I go back and check my eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml file, it's back to the standard "character"/"Server" and my names are gone. Like I never edited it in the first place. Am I editing the correct file?

Yes, that is the right file. It sounds like you are doing everything right, but I also don't use ThorUI and am unaware of any issues running that UI with my Quick Change Shutdown. Also, I don't know if you mean to say notepad instead of notebook, but if not, try editing using notepad. If that doesn't help let me know and I'll check more into it.

Niinnod 10-16-2005 01:53 AM

Heh, you are correct :)

Quote:

Also, I don't know if you mean to say notepad instead of notebook, but if not, try editing using notepad. If that doesn't help let me know and I'll check more into it.

Ah, quite right... notepad. I did try that and still same issue. I've even tried editing the original document, copying it all... deleted the original, and created a whole new .xml doc w/ toon names and server names.... same thing... once I ran the update, it seems to go back to "Character"/"Server". One other thing I noticed... in your example of how to edit the file, your description has "Server"/"Character" in that order... in my .xml file, it's the other way around. Just curious if maybe I should just delete your program from Thor (If that's possible) and download your UI instead? Thanks for the help. :)

Mahonri 10-16-2005 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyKliner
Ah, quite right... notepad. I did try that and still same issue. I've even tried editing the original document, copying it all... deleted the original, and created a whole new .xml doc w/ toon names and server names.... same thing... once I ran the update, it seems to go back to "Character"/"Server". One other thing I noticed... in your example of how to edit the file, your description has "Server"/"Character" in that order... in my .xml file, it's the other way around. Just curious if maybe I should just delete your program from Thor (If that's possible) and download your UI instead? Thanks for the help. :)

Ah you're using the ThorUI auto updater. Ok, that's why. Is this included in that now? Well, that's going to be a problem then because each time you run the auto updater it compares your current files to what the updater thinks that should look like. According to the updater the shutdown window should look exactly how it looks when you download it (no custom server or character names). If you edit it and run the game without running the updater it should work. I'll have to see about getting that updater to ignore this particular xml.

Mahonri 10-16-2005 10:31 AM

Quote:

Well, that's going to be a problem then because each time you run the auto updater it compares your current files to what the updater thinks that should look like. According to the updater the shutdown window should look exactly how it looks when you download it (no custom server or character names).

I've just been informed that a patch is in the works to correct this issue! Keep an eye out for it.

Niinnod 10-16-2005 11:32 AM

Fantastic!

So I'm not the only one with this problem? (And here I thought I was just that noob ;) ) Well, thanks for your help and thanks for this great piece. I'll be waiting for the update patiently! :nana:

Walter 10-17-2005 12:02 PM

In the mean time...

the solution is a simple one which to be honest seems rather obvious :)

Just fill out your character details in the shut down file (Server and Character name), run the updater but cancel/abort before it updates then uncheck the option for the shutdown mod. The updater no longer updates the file, therefore doesn't overwrite your info.

Works for me.

Just wish I could get the Coin Weight Info to work with the autoupdater, because I LOVE that mod and am lost without it (well have to check inventory all the time anyway)

Walter.

This also works for all the custom notes pages, incase your interested.