EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Closeup maps of KoS islands? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7793)

rossinger 03-19-2007 09:27 AM

I'm for it...but

I too feel a toggle version would be exceptional. I am for the close-up but would hate to loose the advantage of the large map all together.

mattbell69 03-19-2007 03:09 PM

I would like to see both a large and with a toggle to the smaller maps.

Eskymo52 03-19-2007 03:17 PM

Close-Up Maps Of KOS Islands

Good Idea !

mben2006 03-19-2007 05:09 PM

Yes, I think adding a close-up of the islands in KoS would be a good idea, but I would also like to see a toggle between the close-up maps and the regular zone map.

Sehksier 03-20-2007 08:03 AM

Yes, I also would like to see a closeup version of the KoS islands.. But instead of a toggle, what's the possibilities of an added "Tab" on the map screen, just like the world view tab, same principle as a toggle I suppose.

orgadelic 03-20-2007 09:24 AM

from a pvp point of view. I like the whole zone map because you can see where the rest of your group is or where an enemy goes if you track lock them. I do like the idea of zoomed in maps if tabed or optional. or maybe they could only kick in when you are in the interior of the island, not as soon as you land since they seem to switch on locs.

tatesd 03-24-2007 03:46 PM

Add closeups. I like the idea of a toggle.

hotglass3308 03-29-2007 07:03 PM

Maps

I think that either there should be a toggle or tab, or there shouldn't be close-up maps. It takes just a moment to switch islands, and you have to go across several islands to get to the one you want sometimes. This would cause any group in KoS to basically go blind, relying on chat alone to find out where everyone is. If there is a tab or toggle I think it is an excellent idea. A tab would probably be best.

kaiguen 04-14-2007 04:39 AM

I like this idea. however i too would like to keep the overview. Could we not have the zoomed in island map on the "current zone" tab and the over view on the "city" tab

aurei 05-09-2007 06:53 AM

toggle tween whole map and closeup of where u r:-)

as some suggested would go for as said in title:-), though i was too late to vote i wouldve gone as stay same, as saves u work:-) specially with so many new things incoming now

TheDawsonator` 06-03-2007 05:07 PM

Works for me :)

I think it is a great idea, with the toggle idea for sure. Looking forward to it becoming a reality.

Cheers and Beers

Dawsonator
<70 Guardian, 40 Woodworker>
Cyndaa
<53 Defiler, 48 Sage>
Desra
<48 Wizzy/Warlock (betraying), 70 Jeweler>
Eladrien
<27 Assassin, 70 Woodworker>

Hell Razors Officer
Crushbone

tlh4me 06-23-2007 09:55 AM

Any idea when?

With the toggle ability this sounds like a great idea. Did you decide to do this? If so, when will it become a reality? Looking forward to it. Thanks for your efforts!

Othesus 06-23-2007 01:52 PM

The devs are working on an entirely new map system. I don't think it would make sense to work on any major changes to the eq2map until after the new map comes.

prior 08-12-2007 05:09 PM

my opinion

i want to see it up close , would be nice if not hey , i want it up close up , this is just my opinion

jester107 08-22-2007 02:01 PM

Zoom Feature

Why not just make a zoom feature so u can zoom and scroll on any map?:nana:

Casuall 09-03-2007 05:18 PM

Leave it as it is.

I like it just fine the way things are, unless you can make a toggle in and out feature.

70 Pally / 70 Armorer

70 Temp / 70 Provisioner

64 Troub / 70 Jeweler

Oasis Server

Casuall

ShiSky 09-27-2007 11:29 PM

I'm back (almost- lol)

Hi everyone,
I'm back or nearly so. Am having some problems getting my game up, tho.
I just got a new computer. Our other one, which was nearly new, got fried by a lightning strike. But the good news is that I have the newest one out and it has Vista windows on it. It is a bit different. Still trying to figure things out on it. I may have to get more ram on this things tho. I couldn't transfer everything over from my old computer. Had to delete a lot of stuff. Not sure why exactly.
Anyways, have missed everyone on the game. Should be on soon now tho. Take care and it will be nice to get back, tho, I think I am going to try to limit my playing time. Was too addicted to it before. Wasn't getting a whole lot of other things done.
See you all soon. Have fun.
I'm not sure about the close-up maps. I would like them if we can also have the entire map if we choose to.