EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Preview of new UI. Solaria/Vert flavor (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378)

Sarlac 12-03-2004 10:00 AM

I can't wait to see the finished UI, great job!!!

Ruffic 12-03-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudane
well, i am back home from my visit to my wife's family and will be picking up where i left off.

I might try and release a "beta version" that has all the things previewed so far in the next few days so you all can start finding the hiccups.

thank you all for the support. it makes it all worth it.

/bow

Any more info on a beta release?

kearnstd 12-13-2004 04:12 PM

just wonder what the ETA for this will be

Kilaer 12-17-2004 10:32 AM

Is Kudane still around?

Patriko 12-17-2004 09:39 PM

eta

be kind and give us a beta! :eek:

looks awesome!

Drumstix42 01-01-2005 02:48 AM

Wow this is looking really nice so far. I'm not too big on the new bars (I prefer the default at least in EQ2), but the chat windows are fabulous :D

Kulamin 01-19-2005 10:38 AM

Is this project dead?

Any word on this? Kudane hasn't said anything in a long time. I really, really, really x100 want Vert for EQ2. It was my all time fav EQ1 interface, to the point that I don't care of any other interface (or any EQ2 interface I've seen thus far). I'm desperate for Vert for EQ2 but too useless with the UI builder to do it myself (I tried).

Thanks.

kearnstd 03-19-2005 05:36 PM

whats the word on this? is it still in the works are an abandoned project?

Kudane 03-20-2005 02:58 AM

Well Sokol and I are still planning this but the recent UI changes have caused us to basically need to start from scratch.

Add to that the fact that sokol lost a MB and Hard Drive, and I recently had major CPU issue, this project is way bogged down.

I am sorry, I will get back on this very soon, and hopefully I will have something for you all very soon.

/bow

Kudane!

insomniac 03-20-2005 03:21 AM

KUDANE! you're alive!
wb :D

Humudce 03-20-2005 03:41 AM

Welcome Back Kudane. Mod is looking good :)

taco-man 03-20-2005 04:06 AM

Welcome back...
The taco will dance to celebrate your return -->

Zonx 03-20-2005 09:22 AM

Kudane, feel free to snag my FetishNightfall Beta if you want something more consolidated to work with than the Default files.

I did a complete reskin with all UI image elements packed into a handful of files. Also setup a dedicated Namespace with new styles for virtually everything.

The SOE Name space has a pile of unused images, and styles that only confuse things. Their image resources are scattered over a dozen or more DDS files.

Tolann 04-22-2005 03:08 PM

I was just bugging about my UI the other nite in my guild chat, saying I miss my EQ1 Vert UI. OMG I'm so excited you're working on an EQ2 Vert UI!!! Crisp lines, clean and compact view, and labels. I love it! I can't wait!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Kilaer 04-27-2005 12:14 PM

Seriously Kudane, are you still working on this? And when will we see something?

dc_roenfanz 04-27-2005 12:49 PM

I was looking at Goldi's MMM Solaria/Vert UI for EQ1, and I agree that this should be something brought into EQ2. I am sure Kudane is a busy person, won't get any gruff from me. I'm thinkin it should be based offa the Fetish Framework, because thats like a billion times cleaner than the main UI. Hyuk hyuk. Maybe someone else really familiar with Solaria/Vert on this end could tackle it. I thought about it myself, but there is the converting everything into DDS... *sigh*

DC

Killarny 04-27-2005 01:29 PM

Paint Shop Pro has a batch conversion tool that will convert from tga to dds .. I'd be happy to convert the graphics files if someone posts them.

Dolby 04-27-2005 01:46 PM

I'm trying to wrestle the files away from him. He is going through some computer upgrades and the machine the code is on is not up atm. I'll be in cali for E3 so if anything I'll be sure to get it then.

dc_roenfanz 04-27-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killarny
Paint Shop Pro has a batch conversion tool that will convert from tga to dds .. I'd be happy to convert the graphics files if someone posts them.

I can do that. The TGA's I have are from his most recent full version of Solaria on EQInterface (for EQ1). Didn't download anything for Vert because its basically the same and the last time vert was updated was like 2004 some time. Side note, does Photoshop have a conversion tool as well? I haven't seen it but I am pretty new to that program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby
I'm trying to wrestle the files away from him. He is going through some computer upgrades and the machine the code is on is not up atm. I'll be in cali for E3 so if anything I'll be sure to get it then.

Wonderful to hear! Maybe that will save me some headache's

dc_roenfanz 04-27-2005 03:23 PM

TGA uploaded

Uploaded as promised. Should be every TGA for Solaria EQ1

Killarny 04-28-2005 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a matching zip with all DDS format :)

Hope this helps - let me know if there is anything wrong with them. They are saved as ARGB No Mipmaps DDS.

druadon 04-28-2005 01:41 PM

Loved And Used The Solaria/vert From Eq1,been Waiting A Long Time For A Version For Eq2,but Im Patient,take Your Time Kudane.

Findarato 04-28-2005 02:22 PM

I really hope to see this UI come out. I loved the EQ1 version and used it till the day I quit.

Heck I loved it so much I even converted it to a Horizons UI ;)

keep up the good work hope to see more of it in the future.

dc_roenfanz 04-28-2005 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killarny
Here is a matching zip with all DDS format :)

Hope this helps - let me know if there is anything wrong with them. They are saved as ARGB No Mipmaps DDS.

Sweet, thanks Killarny. I was able to *save* some TGA into DDS format, bu that resulted in LOTS of bleeding :( well, DXT3 anyway. If I save ARGB 8.8.8.8 then its fine. hehe. I really appreciate this.

dc_roenfanz 04-28-2005 04:31 PM

ReVert compass for Fetish Framework

2 Attachment(s)
So far I've got a compass!!
The original didnt really fit right, so I ended up having to splice it a few times. Going to painstakingly build everything (maybe) on the Fetish Framework as an additional theme if everything works right.

Well anyway, here's a screenshot in UI Builder. Kinda turned out smaller than I though it would (the letters) I am possibly going to make the main letters (N, E, S, W) bigger and get rid of the NW, SW, NE, SW.

What do you all think?

EDIT: Made main cardinals larger, raised a few pixels from the bottom
Rather proud of myself.