EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Profit and GU58 (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14972)

jheidecker 10-12-2010 12:23 PM

Same here - crashing as soon as it opens.

TalTal 10-12-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g0dless420 (Post 93774)
Put the files in the zip into my profit folder, all tabs so far are working fine (no crash like others are getting yet).

Some of the color variants are changed but that's probably because I have to reselect the theme I was using.

Any word on when those same files will be pushed to the auto updater?

I emailed kaldran and he is still in Finland on business. He said he will push it to the updater as soon as he can but his time and internet access are limited.

Silat

Jump3rRay 10-12-2010 12:25 PM

I have renamed eq2.ini to eq2.bak and now can stay in the game.

Ixoa 10-12-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadro6500 (Post 93770)
When I log into EQ2 everything is fine , but when I click on ANYTHING my client crashes, and it has something to do with ProfitUI :mad:. I have not seen any updates or file patches on the ProfitUI updater. I don't know about you people but I'm not trying to uninstall my entire ****ing ProfitUI . That would really blow. Someone please update profit to be compatible with GU 58!!~~

so you havnt used the zip files that are at the top of this very post? :p

g0dless420 10-12-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalTal (Post 93777)
I emailed kaldran and he is still in Finland on business. He said he will push it to the updater as soon as he can but his time and internet access are limited.

Silat

Good to hear and as always thanks for the speedy reply.

jheidecker 10-12-2010 12:27 PM

Manual install of the zip file fixed the crashing - don't auto-update

Osgz11 10-12-2010 12:28 PM

I updated my profit today while servers were down from the updater and im experiencing the crashing when you click on anything in the screen as well. did the updater have the correct files? or what do i need to do to fix it?

ok just saw manual update i will try that. ty

Maozem 10-12-2010 12:28 PM

Confirmed

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxis30 (Post 93771)
According to Rothgar on the official eq2 forums:
The crash is related to having a UI without the Mount tab. We will have a fix for it as soon as possible but in the meantime, you can delete your eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml file from your custom directory and revert back to the standard Character window.

I can confirm this for Win 7, after deleting persona, the game and profit run fine.

Edit: All is working fine, must have gotten just before update(well that and I was being a tard, should have extracted the persona file LOL)

Thanks for the awesome work Silat :)

TalTal 10-12-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maozem (Post 93783)
I can confirm this for Win 7, after deleting persona, the game and profit run fine.

No need to delete persona just use the manual update in the first post of this thread.

Silat

DoragonMama 10-12-2010 12:35 PM

I simply disabled the welcome screen in the profit option .txt and I can log in without crashing.

beodragon 10-12-2010 12:46 PM

Yep crash on click

TalTal 10-12-2010 12:49 PM

You will not crash on click after the manual update. If you do it is not installed properly.

Silat

Klaymour 10-12-2010 12:49 PM

Me being stupid??

did you say to extract it to the everquest2 directory and not the profit UI directory??

and Im sorry I am not as literate about these files and such as yall are.. Manual Update??
I need to take the files out of the zip and copy them one by one into the directory??

TalTal 10-12-2010 12:52 PM

Yes...it has the file structure inside. Which seems like a bad decision at this point.

Silat

Lisdexia 10-12-2010 01:01 PM

UI Issues

I have tried to extract the files to the location you indicated and it is still not working. Can you provide a step process. Obviously a bunch of folks continue to have this issue. thnx

beodragon 10-12-2010 01:07 PM

doh...yep delete'n the custom mainhud worked

Daemos 10-12-2010 01:14 PM

I love that you got the files updated so quickly, but your updated included the quickraidbuttons.txt file .... which I now have to redo.

TalTal 10-12-2010 01:23 PM

Yes it did. I had hoped this would go to the autoupdater and then it would not be an issue because it would have been on ignore there. But since Kaldran is busy I am having to direct people to the manual version. I apologize for the issue but the version of the quickraid file on the autoupdater was in serious need of an update.

Silat

TalTal 10-12-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisdexia (Post 93799)
I have tried to extract the files to the location you indicated and it is still not working. Can you provide a step process. Obviously a bunch of folks continue to have this issue. thnx

Go to this link:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...24&postcount=1

Download the zip file attached to the bottom of the post.

Close EqII

Extract the zip file to your everquestii directory, wherever that is for you.

It should replace about 10 files.

Launch eqii.

Silat

Lisdexia 10-12-2010 01:29 PM

Taltal

You are awesome.....Thank you sooo much!

TalTal 10-12-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisdexia (Post 93815)
You are awesome.....Thank you sooo much!

I take it you did the update and it worked?

Silat

Sylvrin 10-12-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalTal (Post 93808)
Go to this link:

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/...724&postcount=1

Download the zip file attached to the bottom of the post.

Close EqII

Extract the zip file to your everquestii directory, wherever that is for you.

It should replace about 10 files.

Launch eqii.

Silat

The webpage cannot be foundDNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken.
Suggestion - search the Web

TalTal 10-12-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylvrin (Post 93818)
The webpage cannot be foundDNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken.
Suggestion - search the Web

It pasted the truncated link:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...24&postcount=1

This is the right one.

Silat

g0dless420 10-12-2010 01:37 PM

Tal I only have one thing I'm noticing...the window colors for things such as journal, guild, quest, etc...are a very blue color, even though I'm using the profit gray variant setting.

Is this something I did? Since it doesn't affect gameplay it's not a priority that I fix it, but it makes my ui look like its half one thing and half another.

TalTal 10-12-2010 01:39 PM

I have not updated any of the profit variant color scheme files. When the auto updater has the patch available redownload from there and it should patch you back to the grey variant. Right now you have the default because that is what is in the manual patch.

Silat