EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   EQ2Feature Announced! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14146)

gm9 05-01-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papabard (Post 90175)
nah I get them too its just little things like computer brings up an acroy search or something. And I have no malware or toolbars installed. :)

Strange, I don't see them (and yes I did log out to check). But I'll take your word for it, maybe it's random. :)

lordebon 05-01-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 90176)
Strange, I don't see them (and yes I did log out to check). But I'll take your word for it, maybe it's random. :)

I think that's contextual advertising, where words are randomly liked and pop up little ads when you hover over them. I think I've seen them here before when I've used IE at w*rk. A home I use firefox w/ Adblock so I don't see them.

Dolby 05-01-2010 07:15 PM

Hey Tilteri, excited to see what it is you have in store for us, I'm not really sure what it is your making yet though.

As gm9 said any features you think eq2map needs give us a sample of the code and we can add it. Or if you can't code it suggestions are always welcome.

ps. Yes adwords are enabled on the forums, have been for years. should only get 2 - 3 links (If you get more let me know and I'll yell at our ad people). They are geo targeted so some may not see them. Some one has to pay for 5tb of data & servers every month (and many other things). :)

gm9 05-01-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 90178)
ps. Yes adwords are enabled on the forums, have been for years. should only get 2 - 3 links. They are geo targeted so some may not see them.

Now I feel discriminated against. :D

dragowulf 05-01-2010 08:19 PM

This thread is win.

Landiin 05-01-2010 11:46 PM

I hope you are good at jumping through hoops! To do any thing worth doing in this UI thats what you have to do.

dragowulf 05-02-2010 02:15 AM

It's true. If you like to code until your eyes bleed, you will definitely love it.

Tilteri 05-02-2010 09:19 AM

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the support. I'm gonna do my best of course. I just thought it'd be nice to have a map mod and a UI mod working closely together. I hope I get this done right. But anyways, when it's ready for beta testing, you'll see what it is. It's basically a UI mod with nifty features. The features I'm showing to people are doable through editing UI files, so basically, it's all possible. :nana:

Tilteri 05-02-2010 09:27 AM

Ummm...

Hey, can someone tell me a good program to use in order to make this mod? It would be helpful.

gm9 05-02-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilteri (Post 90187)
Hey, can someone tell me a good program to use in order to make this mod? It would be helpful.

To quote drago, "this thread is win". I just died laughing. :D Good luck man!

lordebon 05-02-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilteri (Post 90187)

Notepad++ or Editplus (aka text editors). You can try UIBuilder, but good luck getting anything truly advanced done in there. This isn't NWN or Elder Scrolls where you get a fancy toolset to do everything, you gotta do the legwork ;)

Tilteri 05-02-2010 11:32 AM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 90189)
Notepad++ or Editplus (aka text editors). You can try UIBuilder, but good luck getting anything truly advanced done in there. This isn't NWN or Elder Scrolls where you get a fancy toolset to do everything, you gotta do the legwork ;)

Thank you! I'm using XML Notepad. It should be useful, but this notepad stuff really helps. Thanks for the advice!

dragowulf 05-03-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 90188)
To quote drago, "this thread is win". I just died laughing. :D Good luck man!

+1 crit chance

dragowulf 05-03-2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 90189)

I still use UIBuilder, but mostly when I'm just editing the visuals of the file or to test stuff without actually being in game.