EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dev Shack (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   loadui (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3223)

Sibal 04-14-2006 09:26 AM

Mine still crashes, just did it yesterday to load the EQ UI so I could set my guild recruiment page then /loadui back to Fethis... crash !

SOE_Bobble 04-14-2006 12:16 PM

Thanks for the report. I saw that yesterday when I was playing too.

gm9 06-22-2006 03:24 AM

I noticed a rather elusive bug with /loadui. I was adding buttons and indicators for AFK, LFG and LFW to the player window. When using /loadui to test the indicators, none or only one of them would show/hide (after zoning). The code was working, i.e. the DynamicData was received and interpreted, as I confirmed by adding a /say which fired each time. Only the visible=true|false took no effect. The same code works fine after restarting the client instead.

With respect to crashes, I rarely see one if using /loadui while fullscreen and switching to Default and then back to my UI. It will usually crash the client if not fullscreen during each time /loadui is used or if I try to load my UI directly if it's already loaded. Also, I can do "/loadui Default", but I'll get a crash for "/loadui CustomUI". I'll usually crash if I try to chain "/loadui Default" and "/loadui" in a macro.

/loadui won't load any images but will keep the images used by the first loaded UI in memory.

Corren Silverfir 10-03-2006 10:30 AM

Yeah I try it every so often an everytime I /loadUI MyUI or any other UI it crashes.

to be honest It's only worked once that I can remember and it loaded everything but with the default text values on all the fields and then shortly afterward it would crash.

A_Nolan 11-20-2006 11:46 PM

What's the progress

Just doing a bump to find out what the progress is on the /loadui issue I used it a lot in eq1 by editing a file and the testing it while the game was running. Another point to this is will they make it where you can have a different ui per character? If they have please post how; :p because, my wife and I use the same system and it get bothersome to have to use the same ui for both a monk and a warden :mad:.

anfrey 11-21-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Nolan
Just doing a bump to find out what the progress is on the /loadui issue I used it a lot in eq1 by editing a file and the testing it while the game was running. Another point to this is will they make it where you can have a different ui per character? If they have please post how; :p because, my wife and I use the same system and it get bothersome to have to use the same ui for both a monk and a warden :mad:.

i have a batch file i run before playing the game that swaps eq2.ini files for me, allowing me to quickly switch UIs... i haven't used the in-game /loadui since a long time ago... dind't have a good experience with it

gm9 05-04-2007 03:44 AM

I'm not sure when it was fixed but /loadui works really well now. You still need to zone once to initialize some data and it kills your uisettings, but otherwise I was not able to get it to crash once after trying it out extensively.

Also, you do no longer have to go back to the DefaultUI before reloading your custom UI after editing something, you can now do this directly (and via the command line /loadui ProfitUI). It even loads the graphics with the UI now.

Whoever fixed that, these are for you: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Othesus 05-04-2007 12:26 PM

Wow, thanks for posting this. This is going to save me hours and hours of loading and quiting out of the game for tweaking and bug testing.

Dolby 05-04-2007 03:11 PM

Wow thats great, does it also remember your UI after you exit the game and come back?

gm9 05-05-2007 06:05 AM

Nope, not that.

Seagoat 05-05-2007 02:57 PM

I'm noticing some confusing behavior with /loadui...

1. It totally wipes out my guild event history! It also defaults the displayed values of the guild's short and long descriptions, although upon clicking the "Edit" buttons for those fields, the custom values are still there.

2. It shifts the stack numbers of items in my inventory bags down and to the right, so they're sitting on a corner junction of the icon padding.

Relogging solves the issue, but it totally freaked me out when I saw it!

Landiin 10-30-2007 12:24 AM

I would suggest adding a -keepsetting switch to the command. This way if for what ever reason you want to keep the UI settings you currently have you can. Having it default to resetting it makes perfect since but it would be nice to be able to keep it, while tweaking a UI mod or for what ever reason.

SOE-Rothgar 10-30-2007 06:38 PM

Just in case you weren't aware, there is a /refreshuidata command that will resend data to the client that normally only gets updated on zoning.

So after /loadui, you can run /refreshuidata and it should fix up most missing data.

gm9 10-31-2007 02:22 AM

wow nice, didn't know that. May I suggest to just add that functionality directly to /loadui? At least I can currently think of no circumstances where you would not want it to load that data.

SOE-Rothgar 10-31-2007 04:15 AM

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It seems reasonable and I can't think of anything it would hurt at the moment.

Drumstix42 10-31-2007 08:47 AM

/does a little chant *dooo it dooo it* :p

Eloora 10-31-2007 03:13 PM

I decided to try this command after reading that it's been fixed. Apart from experiencing the same bugs Seagoat mentioned, the /refreshuidata command seems to do nothing at all :(. I had to reload my character's ui settings to get some windows back, but had to relog to get my map window to display anything but the world map.

Landiin 10-31-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eloora (Post 64916)
but had to relog to get my map window to display anything but the world map.

Did you try zoning first? Unlike most of EQ2's Data, the server only sends map data to the server once and thats at zone time.

Note: when i say map data I mean info about the map it self.. not the loc of group members;

gm9 10-31-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar (Post 64867)
Just in case you weren't aware, there is a /refreshuidata command that will resend data to the client that normally only gets updated on zoning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 64923)
Did you try zoning first? Unlike most of EQ2's Data, the server only sends map data to the server once and thats at zone time.

does not compute... :p

Landiin 10-31-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 64929)
does not compute... :p

I'm prob wrong but I bet the "MAP Data" has been left out, and only guild, accounting data is only being refreshed. Other wise the map would work and being it does not is a very strong indication that it is not refreshing that data, so doing a real zone should work.

gm9 11-01-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar (Post 64867)

I don't think this works either, it does not even update the zone name. In fact I could not find any data at all that is updated by this command.

Drumstix42 11-02-2008 11:39 PM

So I noticed in the beta server last night, and then again tonight, that when I use /loadui my stack numbers don't get screwed up such as on live.

My group window still got kinda funky until I zoned, and the map of the current zone didn't like to show...., but can't say I saw anything else strange.

Good news? :p

gm9 11-03-2008 03:21 AM

Should have tried it last week on Beta when it started crashing the game. Luckily that was mostly fixed after a couple of days (still happens once in a while). Also you are right, zoning fixes most loadui issues at the moment, including the map. But the layout still remains fubared until you do a /load_uisettings.

The map skinning error popup is cute however.

Drumstix42 11-03-2008 06:33 AM

Ah yes, /load_uisettings. I forget how second nature it is for me to execute that command.

Also, opening the Options window afterwards seems to fix any oddities with hotbars at least for me. It will make Alt+4 change int A4 for my hotbars that are small... That's how it's always been on my end.

Just glad to see some progress for /loadui going up.

SOE-Rothgar 11-11-2008 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 76824)
So I noticed in the beta server last night, and then again tonight, that when I use /loadui my stack numbers don't get screwed up such as on live.

My group window still got kinda funky until I zoned, and the map of the current zone didn't like to show...., but can't say I saw anything else strange.

Good news? :p

Yeah, I fixed the issue with the icon text becoming misaligned after /loadui. This was just one of those things that always bugged me.