My first UI-Mod: Crafter's Knowledge. Now LU14-compatible. Seems to work with LU15.
Since the day I found out, that the slots in knowledge can be empty, I used it instead of the hotbars, on account of the tooltips showing up only in the knowledge book. However the standard UI covers up too much of my screen, and the UI-mods have windows that are too small. And I dont like searching all over the screen to find the necessary information.
So I modified the Tradeskill and Knowledge windows to fit together:
- Rearranged and enriched the "Create"-Page, including (almost) all the information I need.
- Rearranged the Tradeskill page of the Knowledge window in two columns of 8 icons on the borders (of which I mainly use 6 slots on the right side, the left side I use only for seldom used or discarded skills; that way, the tooltips only cover my avatar).
- Made the Tradeskill window always on top, so that I can have the Knowledge book under it, use the skills, and still see all the progress info.
Enter = Create / Begin / Repeat
Esc = Stop / Recipes
What I'd like to do (it doesn't seem to be possible, but perhaps one of the UI-wizards out here knows how to?)
- Use the Knowledge slots directly in the Tradeskill window.
- Include not only buffs, but also the other effects, especially drinking.
- Include the flying progress numbers that appear over the workplace.
Coding on this mod has all been done by me on the base of the default UI, using the UI-Editor. However, I have picked up ideas left and right, especially in Zonx's and Jaxel's mods, which gave me the initial impulse to try one of my own.
Install by folllowing the SOP
. This mod uses only default stuff, there are no new files.
Any feedback is welcome, really!