EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-16-2011, 03:45 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Exclamation UI Not Loading

I have looked and I see some talk about it but it always seems to drift off in to some other part of the UI like EQ2maps.

I cant get UI Drums to load in the game. I have installed it in the UI folder and on less its changed the updater takes care of the rest. for some reason its not seeing any other UIs in the folder and I am kind of missing the group and raid buttons.

If any one can help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy

I have ther same issue. Profit worked great before the servers went down, and now it does not work at all. I even removed the folder from the UI folder, removed the Profit referenced files in the EQ2 root folder and the eq2.ini file then reinstalled Profit Catalyst and updated it. I still have no profit available in the game

I have a friend that just did a fesh install of EQ2 on his son's PC and loaded Profit on it and it is not working on his machine either

I was having a issue that EQ2 Maps was not showing any POI's, but I reloaded the updater and ran it and now the POI's are working again.

I hope someone knows what the issue is.
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

You have multiple installs of eq2 and are not launching the one that profit is patching.

Right click the icon you use to launch eq2, choose properties, look in the work,start in, or target field and there should be a path.

That is the path to the eq2 installation you are actually using. It probably contains programdata in the path.

You will need to point the profit installer to that path instead of the one you currently have it set to or change the eq2 you are launching to the one that profit is patching.

Silat
Unread 05-17-2011, 07:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the advise. You were right! When I reinstalled Station Launcher it was pointing to the wrong folder! All is well now
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Having the same problem with my profit ui but don`t know how to redirect the path.I fixed my eq2map by downloading the new 1.25 and it fixed that but its pointing to the updater not profit ui.I`m a newb when it comes to changing the file paths.I`ve re downloaded the profit updater 4 or 5 times but still doesn`t work ???
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Launch the updater, choose settings,choose file paths, click the choose button on the top right. Navigate to the correct path.

Silat
Unread 05-18-2011, 05:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

when i the choose path it still doesnt work it keeps going to default ?
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Jusy spent the last 2 hours trying to get the path right but keeps telling me to set the path in eq2 and cant find the eq2exe file . If someone could call me to walk me thru it if possible 239.825.9258.I know the path but windows 7 isn`t letting it go there ?? Thank you for your assiastance .
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelvee View Post
Jusy spent the last 2 hours trying to get the path right but keeps telling me to set the path in eq2 and cant find the eq2exe file . If someone could call me to walk me thru it if possible 239.825.9258.I know the path but windows 7 isn`t letting it go there ?? Thank you for your assiastance .
Despite my better judgement I was going to call you but the number is temporarily not in service.

For windows 7:
Click your windows button. click Computer. Click organize on the left hand side near the top. Click folder and search options. Click the view tab. Click the radio button for show hidden files and folders. Uncheck the checkbox for hide protected operating system files. Click OK.

Launch the profit updater. Click settings. Click file paths. click the choose button on the top right.

You should now be able to navigate to where eq2 is installed.

Once done repeat the steps above but instead check the checkbox for hide protected operating sytem files and click the radio button for don't show hidden files. Click OK.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 06-18-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Sorry was a typo error on number its 2398259158 please call I need help
Unread 05-18-2011, 08:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I had done what you said to do b4 and it did not help me .It keeps telling me that the path isnt recognized. Don`t know what the problem is because I`ve used profitui for 2 years and no problem til the last update . I`m in the est time zone too but work from 12 til 9pm next 2 nites.I know where the path is but cant get the game to recognize it so unless I can get some help I may have to find another game .After 4 years I really don`t want to do that . If someone can do the join.me thing or whatever to help that would be great or call me to walk me thru fixing the problem.Have had help from someone who knows computers better than me but still not working.
Unread 05-19-2011, 04:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Smile Profit Ui

Could there be a problem coming fron the new station launcher that isnt letting it recognize the profit ui ? That is the only thing new on this computer from b4 the update. I couldn`t get the ui to work so I deleted everything and started over on this computer.I was sent an email with the new staion launcher to download the game again and now it doesn`t work.Still trying to get this to work b4 I just give up.I was able to get the EQ2maps to work by downloading the update for 1.25 but its pointing to eq2maps not Profit anymore and won`t recognize the path either.Incidently my desktop is a windows vista and works fine after update but with my bad back I can`t sit thru a raid so I bought this computer to play the game on.Looking for some help from someone who can assist me in fixing this.I`m at work but can take a call.

Kajun / Cajuneagle / Paybakin/Travelor/Cajuntigre/Kajuncroc
Unread 06-18-2011, 03:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am having the same exact issue on windows 7. Has anyone been able to help you yet?