EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-29-2012, 01:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default UI won't load at all? Maybe I'm stupid!!

To start, I used to play EQ2 roughly a year ago or so and the only addons I had back then were ProfitUI. Which I loved! But now I reinstalled EQ2 and started playing again, I went on here to DL some basic addons, unzipped them and installed them just as the directions state on this site, and yet when I go in game nothing changes.

I may be forgetting a crucial step or something here, but shouldn't it be as simple as downloading/unzipping the file once you have it downloaded? I also created the EQ2.ini.txt file like suggested on here as well.

Any help please!!!
Unread 08-29-2012, 02:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

A quick update!! I deleted all the addons I was trying to use and installed Profit, which worked fine, BUT since it is no longer up to date, my quest journal wouldn't work. I also installed extremeUI and it won't load at all.

I need an addon that will help me find quest objectives because for some reason the standard EQ2 quest helper thing doesn't work in every zone for some reason.

Anyhow the only addon I have been able to get working is the map one
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Not all zones have the built-in quest update marks and areas coded for them. That's the game, not the UI. EQ2Map can help, but it can only do points and not mark areas.

Profit's up-to-date. Go to http://updater.pala.de/ and use that to install the current ProfitUI files and keep them updated. Also, check the game location in the launchpad against the location you're trying to install to and make sure they match. A common problem is multiple game installations and trying to put your UI in the one the launchpad isn't using.
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Not all zones have the built-in quest update marks and areas coded for them. That's the game, not the UI. EQ2Map can help, but it can only do points and not mark areas.

Profit's up-to-date. Go to http://updater.pala.de/ and use that to install the current ProfitUI files and keep them updated. Also, check the game location in the launchpad against the location you're trying to install to and make sure they match. A common problem is multiple game installations and trying to put your UI in the one the launchpad isn't using.
Thank you for the help! I am gonna try to install profit with the link you gave me. I was wondering why some zones showed me where my quests were and some weren't, now it all makes sense. I'll see if it ends up working or not

Edit: omggg thanks again! I got it working and the link you provided is up to date. I'm just gonna run profit and the Map thing as I guess it's all I really need for now, wish there was a more accurate quest thing though

Last edited by georgeisabamf : 08-29-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Unread 08-29-2012, 06:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeisabamf View Post
Edit: omggg thanks again! I got it working and the link you provided is up to date. I'm just gonna run profit and the Map thing as I guess it's all I really need for now, wish there was a more accurate quest thing though
One trick for quests is to use the links to EQ2i and 'Zam you'll find in the Profit quest journal and helper. The walkthroughs there usually include waypoints to quest updates and update areas, or the names of the mobs you need which you can search for on the map to find where they are.