EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-17-2005, 06:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Casting bar

I want to take the casting bar from This Mod But for some reason i cant get the whole thing to pop up when i use the casting.xml and the gauge.tga, only the frame pops up and no yellow updater or spell name will show. What other file do i need to take to put in my custom UI to make this work properly?
Thanks
Unread 02-17-2005, 06:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

You have put the "gauge.tga" into the "images" file in your custom Ui havent you?

I guess you have, and it still dont work it is probably because of the file called boho.xml

Have a look through that there is loads of refrences to gauge etc in there

Also the eq2ui.xml file has this line in it <include>boho.xml</include> and its that what loads up the boho file .......

So I would say find out exactly what lines of code are for the gauge in the boho.xml file and take the rest out, save the new cut down version of the file and put it in your custom UI folder, Then add this line <include>boho.xml</include> into your eq2ui.xml file in the UI folder that you are wanting this to work with..

That should work... But its a bit messy... there must be a better way to do it but offhand I cant think of one lol

Other way would be to ask Boho if he would make a standalone mod for the casting window, That you could just pulg in maybe

This is just an idea to try and help you out I am no expert here, so backup all the files you are going to alter to a safe place first ! then if and when it go's wrong lol you can replace them easy

Last edited by Laffs : 02-17-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Unread 02-17-2005, 07:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Laffs u da bomb

Laffs u da **** man, after a hour or so of messing with the boho.xml file finally got it working, didnt think to delete teh extra stuff to get the casting bar working and not F'in up the chat window borders. well anyhow got it working thanks for the reply and help appreciate it!
Unread 02-18-2005, 08:45 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Kool , glad to be of some help, I knew it would take a while to edit that file, But you did well to do it in a hour gratz
Unread 02-18-2005, 09:43 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Other way would be to ask Boho if he would make a standalone mod for the casting window
Yes please!!