EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-29-2009, 09:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Red face Thick Headed and in need of help

My other half has deployed and i'm stuck trying to figure out how to download this for myself and i'm not having much luck.

To the best of my ability i've managed to download updater into d: (we use the second drive for our bigger games) and into the generic EQ2 folder under games. Oh yes and i'm runing vista

I've clicked on it and now it's asking for a password and name. I used my forum name and it asks me again but this time it will type out my name buy also have maps.eq2interface.com\ infront of it.

I'm not sure i've been doing it right and i've done my best to search through the forums.

Everyone here seems very helpful and I hope you don't mind me asking such basic questions. If anyone has any time that'd be great for some tips.

Thanks
Unread 06-29-2009, 10:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It would help if you would tell us what you are trying to install.

EQ2MAP Updater? It sounds as if it's asking you to run it as administrator, so you need to enter the logon information of an account on your computer with administrative rights.
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Red face

Yes, forgot to mention that it is the EQ2 atlas thing.

Let me just start from the begining. When I download it and my main EQ is in d: do I download it into the EQ2 folder? I mean do I download it into any particular folder?

When I go to run the program a web looking pop up box asks for my EQ2interface.com name and password.

Thanks so much for responding.

<--- loves this banana guy.
Unread 06-29-2009, 12:06 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisymousey View Post
I mean do I download it into any particular folder?
no, it's just an installer, put it anywhere you like.

Quote:
When I go to run the program a web looking pop up box asks for my EQ2interface.com name and password.
I have no idea abou this part because it should not happen?!

Make sure you downloaded the EQ2MAP updater from here: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...nOfficial.html. Then run the file which is inside of the downloaded .zip archive.
Unread 06-29-2009, 02:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Again :)

I'm sure you are ready to snatch me bald but I figured i'd take one more shot at your help.

I clicked the link (after I uninstalled the program from the first time) and installed it again... Here is what i've done..

I clicked "open" and then it promts me to double click the file under temp files. I double clicked and then selected allow (man, i'm hating vista) It asks me where to install to, so I selected d: under Everquest 2. There I didn't put it anywhere except in that directory. THen clicked install.

At this point it looks like it's opened and the wizard thing has started up again with the box "run" checked.. I click Finish and a box with the little keys in the left top says "connecting to eq2interface.com" and asking for a user name and pass word.. I type in the one I've used to chat in forums, (ok, read forums)
I then hit ok and it pops back up and instead of the username part being blank it has \
maps.eq2interface.com\maisymousey in the box but a blank password.

I'm so confused and this seems to be as far as I'm getting no matter how many times i'm installing it.
Unread 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

NM, maybe u are not trying to use EQ2 Henchman.. Henchman is the only app I know of that would need your u/p for this site.

Last edited by Landiin : 06-29-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Unread 06-29-2009, 06:43 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
At this point it looks like it's opened and the wizard thing has started up again with the box "run" checked.. I click Finish and a box with the little keys in the left top says "connecting to eq2interface.com" and asking for a user name and pass word.. I type in the one I've used to chat in forums, (ok, read forums)
I then hit ok and it pops back up and instead of the username part being blank it has \
maps.eq2interface.com\maisymousey in the box but a blank password.
That does not sound like anything the updater or Vista would do. If you know how to take screenshots posting one might help.
Unread 06-29-2009, 08:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Red face

Well this is just crazy. After my last message I gave up for the day. I just loaded up EQ like I normally do and wammo in the maps it's working like a charm. I don't get it. Well I guess don't knock it. Thanks for holding my hand durring this.

One last time for old time sake