EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-02-2008, 02:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default UI settings messing up on log in and character switch...

Sometimes when I log in or switch characters, my UI settings get all messed up. Like the CA/spell icons don't stay the size I set them as, chat windows get rearranged, stuff of that nature. Oh and that Voice Chat tutorial window pops up too. This has been happening since the game update.

I made a back up UI profile to load after something like this happens, but this is getting annoying. Is there anyway to fix this?
Unread 08-02-2008, 03:31 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

It's a game problem, not anything Profit can do anything about. Are you running Vista? If so, check your security settings to make sure Vista's allowing EQ2 to update files in it's installation directory (by default that's under the Program Files folder and Vista prohibits updates there which keeps EQ2 from being able to save settings, UI arrangement and so on).
Unread 08-02-2008, 03:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Running XP actually. So I'll just have to get used to this?
Unread 08-02-2008, 07:24 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
It's a game problem, not anything Profit can do anything about. Are you running Vista? If so, check your security settings to make sure Vista's allowing EQ2 to update files in it's installation directory (by default that's under the Program Files folder and Vista prohibits updates there which keeps EQ2 from being able to save settings, UI arrangement and so on).
i went into the firewall cp in vista and added everquest 2 on the list so vista doesnt touch it when something happens, still not working, so no clue what my problem is either
Unread 08-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

You are running EQ2 as administrator correct?
Unread 08-04-2008, 08:51 AM
A Coastal Crab

Unhappy have the exact same problem

I have no idea how to save my ui like the original poster but here is what happens to me.

Every single time I log in a character it resets my ui and resets my hotbars and windows. I spend half hour arranging them. log to desktop reload eq and log in the same char. everything is reset. hotbars all gone, windows repositioned.

I have sent in petitions and the GM said to try and load up default eq2 interface. I did, set up hotbars and windows. log to desktop, then load up eq2 and same char. Everything is reset with profit UI hotbars gone windows all messed up.

I am running in admin.

I also get about 100 - 200 spam messages in chat window everytime I log in about EQ voice
voice chat is disabled. you can turn it on in the options menu.

I really just don't know what to do
Unread 08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

For me I think the problem had to do with custom voice chat channels. I only had one saved, but when I looked in the voice chat menu, that one custom channel had multiple duplicates. I was getting those voice chat spam messages in chat too, and I guess it was for each duplicate custom channel.

You can only leave the channel if you're in it though, and the game doesn't recognize you as being in any of those duplicate channels. You'll get some message saying you're currently not in that channel or something to that effect.

My back-up profile only had a few voice channel duplicates. So, I left all the channels I was currently in (chat and voice -- they can both get duplicated) and loaded up the back-up. Then I'd logout, rename that profile of the character I was just using to like backup2 or something, then log back in and repeat the process until all duplicate channels were removed.

If you're having the same problem as me, it would probably be best to delete all your profiles and start anew. I don't know if you want to do the above mentioned process 100-200 times.
Unread 08-04-2008, 02:27 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can probably use Landiin's UISettingsSpy or the EQ2 chat control tool to remove those channels from your uisettings.ini files. You can find the downloads in the utilities section here.
Unread 08-05-2008, 02:06 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default UI settings have gone crazy - please help

My ui on all my toons is totally screwed. Not quite sure what i did when taking a copy of one toon's ui.

I thought i would be able to /load_uisettings & select each toon, make the necessary changes to get them back to how they were & when i log out the changes i made would be saved (as a way of fixing whatever i did). Problem is, the changes i make aren't being kept.

I can load one toon's ui (an old deleted toon) & use that as a base to make my changes just so i can play them.

Would it be best to uninstall & reinstall profit again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Unread 08-05-2008, 02:17 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Merging the post above into this thread, sounds like the same issue.
Unread 08-05-2008, 12:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

unfortunately the chat channel program only does text channels, and my issue -i'm guessing - is the voice channels being duplicated like 5+ times each time i log in.

i'm actually unable to even load a save UI setting now. i log in, everything is messed up, but i cannot load anything in. i exit the game, delete my UI file for the character and log back in, still nothing. i am well and truely stumped, and quite frustrated ... i'm not going to be able to raid like this.

well... after some messing around, guess what happened ... i turned voice chat off, logged out and back in ... got 30+ spam messaged about voice chat being disabled, but /load_uisettings worked. this makes no sense to me, but at least the UI is back.

Last edited by myschief : 08-05-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: update
Unread 08-08-2008, 06:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nektulos

Is there any fix for this issue in the works? Getting just a bit tiresome having to:
Log-in see that UI is messed up
Delete uisettings for that toon
copy uisettings save outside folder paste into eq2 folder
camp to myself

every single stinking time I log in or swap to a different toon all because apparently I made 1 custom voice chat channel when it first came out (I have since shut off voice chat)
Unread 08-08-2008, 10:08 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindiren View Post
Is there any fix for this issue in the works?
We are the wrong addressees here, SOE must fix the bug some of you apparently have with saving the uisettings (assuming it is not user error such as making the uisettings file read only or something like that).
Unread 08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

Exclamation Problem With ProfitUI

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I'm having a problem with Profit lately...

Every time I log into the game, it is unable to load my settings eg: Chat Windows, Hotbar's, Raid Window, the way they were when I logged off.

Usualy from my understanding this is done by default when you log out, it saves em, when you log in, it loads em... bu this time its not doing that...

I'm wondering what is the problem???

I have the newest automatic updater, latest patches for the UI because I see if there's an update every time before I load up the game, I launch the updater. and so on and so forth... I do know there is a few other people who have had the same problem as I am experienceing, but for some reason, when they patched their Profit through the Autoupdater, it patched the problem. For me, the problem still remains...

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks in advance for any attention that is brought to this matter.
Unread 08-09-2008, 05:22 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Also having the same problem, for about 2 days now. I cant even load my other toons because they just load all messed up, its like its not saving them.

Gonna try a fresh reinstall and see how that goes.
Unread 08-10-2008, 10:25 AM
A Coastal Crab

This is definitely a problem with the game. My keymaps get reset every time I login. I ended up making a couple of macros to save them and load them.

To save your keymaps:
/save_keymaps eq2_keymap_custom.ini

To load them:
/load_keymaps eq2_keymap_custom.ini

It's still annoying but better than remapping everything every time I login.

I hope somebody finds this helpful.
Unread 08-10-2008, 02:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

You can take it one step further and make a custom config file to load, optionally, your: UISettings, keymaps, game colors, and game options.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...11&postcount=3