EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-04-2006, 10:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Chat problems, waypoint problems, etc.

I installed a reputable interface, whose name I will not mention. I now have in my chat channel options box instead of..say.. Crafting or Trading channel I have what looks like folders and exec files with files beneath and all sorts of weird stuff. Also now when I click on a place on the map, I have a glowing trail- until I close my map. Then, poof it is gone. There are a series of other problems. Basically my question is, can someone tell me if I should just reinstall Everquest- will that help? Will that hurt? Can someone create an interface that is very basic and just works or the original so that people can just get back to playing? I love all the work you guys have put into these interfaces and I hate to switch to blah original, but what can I do?
Thanks guys,
Crystelle
Unread 12-04-2006, 11:01 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

First of all, it's easier to diagnos problems if we knew what UI you are attempting to use.

Secondly, the chat problem sounds like a bad installation of the interface and not everquest so re-installing EQ is probably not the solution.

Thirdly, Make sure that you are using an up-to-date version of the modded ui. If the ui that you are attempting to use is out of date chances are it won't work as expected.

Lastly, the waypoint system works just like you mentioned. The glowing trail will disappear until you are close enough to the waypoint. If you are not close enough it is hidden but still active.
Unread 12-05-2006, 12:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Reply

Thank you very much for your response. The reason I was thinking of re-installing (as I have just done) is because I have un-installed all interfaces without any result, and so I think there are bits of one left somewhere. I don't really know enough to figure out what I can delete. After completely re-installing I should be okay. I think instead of doing a complete interface, I will choose bits that I like as pieces, then if one goes wrong I will know better how to fix it.
Thanks for your advice.
I think the problem was with an old interface that I could not completely uninstall and has not been updated. The new interface that I was trying to use and is reputable and updated probably was not the problem.
The one I want to use, that I have not tried yet, is Goldi. I have tried 2 others before. One that I liked for their journal another for their broker window.. perhaps I will get more familiar and be able to use bits of each.

Last edited by crystelle : 12-05-2006 at 12:38 AM.