Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Interface Changes

Unread 10-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default [TEST] 10.18.05 (LU15 Patch) - Interface Changes

This is a patch/update to LU15. Please see the 49+ changes made in the first LU15 patch here.

Here are the following XML Changes found on the test server 10.18.05. The left side is what was on test before 10.18.05 and the right side is what is on the test server now. Changes are shown in red and some xml above and below the changes are left in for context.

Please keep in mind these changes have not gone live yet and more changes may be in the works and only introduced on patch day.

Changed:
eq2ui_commonelements.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_compass.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_junctionchoice.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledgesort.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_pet.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_restarttrialbutton.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_shutdown.xml
eq2ui_tradeskills.xml

New:
images\kw_spell_rec.dds
Unread 10-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

I just dont know about these fat borders and weird background texture they are adding to all the mainhud windows. I personally dont like it but maybe I need to get used to it.

It also seems that resizing windows is a bit more laggy (on my laptop) ever since the new background textures were introduced.

Any one else feel the same?

Last edited by Dolby : 10-18-2005 at 11:54 PM.
Unread 10-19-2005, 04:17 AM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

it's been so long since I've seen default... how do they look these days, what mainhud windows in particular have ugly borders you are talking about maybe I may have those still default, I know the group window etc and destroy window are freaking HUGE now, and particularly ugly.
Unread 10-19-2005, 06:10 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Tbh the default windows now are all big and ugly the fonts are huge the frames are huge! its just plain horrible... And yeh I have noticed a bit of a slow down also... I changed the default windowelements.dds to grayscale and that has helped lots with the few windows that are left to be skinned cropped etc by me..

One good thing is with the new code structure it's made it far more easier for sombody to be able to mod there own windows now and is much cleaner.. But a real pain in the butt for peeps that already have made full custom UI's prior to these changes...

Personaly I feel that the modding comunity has been let down in the respect that nobody to my knowlage told us what massive changes where going to go ahead... The first hint we got was with the arena windows...

Though like I say the new code is good just the windows suck, and realy we should have been told.

To me it looks like the whole dev team has been replaced! Or they been off somplace learning new programing skills I dunno....... Where's Bobble these days as well? ... Sure he busy guy but unusual for him not to pop in here... Or have I missed somthing?

Dont take this post as a "rant" coz its not guys.. Its just some of my thoughts on whats going on
Unread 10-19-2005, 07:31 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

I like how they restructured the window code, They are a lot more organised then before.I am also in agreement that the new look is just OMG. I really don't know why they made every thing begger when 99% of the modders are makeing ever thing smaller. They seem to go the other direction then where the comunity is at. /shrug But it is fun trying to keep up in a twisted kind of way lol.