EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-14-2010, 06:38 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Profit UI from Beta

FYI All,

When you first load up Profit, the following will not work right...chat, activequest window, and persona.

This fix was linked in the Beta for SF, and here is the link to the zip.

http://www.taintedeq2.org/ProfitBetaUpdate.zip

PLEASE NOTE: I did not make this update. It was done by another one of the beta testers. As far as I know, it is pretty current but if anything else is missing, sadly I won't be the one to update it This is just a quick fix until someone else can come in and really tweak everything.

Special Thanks to Silat of Nagafen for doing the fix. And to Spritelady for hosting the link.
Unread 02-15-2010, 02:09 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Pretty sure there are a lot of bugs in the initial update. Silat said he would try to fix those but wasn't gonna officially take this over. To the best of my knowledge Chrislau will be making some updates that will get pushed to the updater soon as SF releases.

What saddens me is to see how many people keep saying this project is dead when it hasn't been dead at all. There are lots of people who work on it and keep it functional on a regular basis. Then they come to the forums and see people saying its dead it won't work etc etc and get discouraged to even try and keep it up.

This could very well be why gm9 decided his time was done. Constant moaning about something not working and demands to fix it NOW not when the guy had the time to actually look at what was going on. His time was well spent on this project but I am sure he got very little compensation for the amount of time he did put into it.

Hope the above patch works for those who were not in beta even though the persona window will surely not function correctly as it has incorrect stats and calls to game data which no longer exist.
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

It does not have alot of bugs after the initial fix for beta. The bugs were with a change rothgar had inadvertantly made to the UI that caused mathematical functions to return in scientific notation. It messed up everything that was dynamicly spaced. He fixed it a month or so ago. If chrislau does not continue to update profit I will do it. I use it to play and cannot play the game anymore without it. Having said that....I am really hoping he does continue to keep it up to date as my tikme is limited and working on the UI takes away from play time

AFAIK the click to cures on the raid window do not function in the expansion but that is the only major issue I know of at this time if you use the zip that was posted. If the problem persists on live it will be fixed.

Profit is not dead and will not be as long as I am playing EQ2.

Silat of Nagafen
Unread 02-15-2010, 10:13 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Well I got no reply from Chrislau yet.

If there is no activity going on tomorrow I'll upload the files myself. Since I did not go deep into UI programming yet, I won't be able to fix things. So better have them working :P
Unread 02-15-2010, 10:34 AM
A Berserk Golem

One of the more recent patches in beta has broken click-to-cure and quick-raid-buttons in the Raid window. They are still functional in the group window.
Unread 02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Oasis

Thanks To everyone who helps keep this ui alive. i have been using this for years
Unread 02-15-2010, 11:46 AM
A Griffon

Sorry Silat didn't mean to imply there was bugs with your work meant there are still bugs in the UI functions of the game. Not sure why the raid window doesn't function where as the group window does.

As for the fonts and the way they display for me I'll have to wait until it goes live to see if that changes it. I was gonna post screen shots but can only show what my live version looks like since beta doesn't allow screens to be taken.

Persona window still shows 10000 in resists area which of course is just cosmetic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000372.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	7117  
Unread 02-15-2010, 12:19 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
This could very well be why gm9 decided his time was done. Constant moaning about something not working and demands to fix it NOW not when the guy had the time to actually look at what was going on. His time was well spent on this project but I am sure he got very little compensation for the amount of time he did put into it.
No, I did it because I liked doing it and for the people who did appreciate the tremendous amount of time developing, maintaining and supporting such a project costs and were grateful for getting all that for free. I tended to ignore the haters, the complainers and the snide remarks, if you take them seriously I do not think you can last long anywhere in life. That's also my advice to anybody else doing it.
Unread 02-15-2010, 02:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

Huge thanks to everyone who keeps Profit running. I adore this UI and makes my healing life a TON easier!
Unread 02-15-2010, 02:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Sorry Silat didn't mean to imply there was bugs with your work meant there are still bugs in the UI functions of the game. Not sure why the raid window doesn't function where as the group window does.

As for the fonts and the way they display for me I'll have to wait until it goes live to see if that changes it. I was gonna post screen shots but can only show what my live version looks like since beta doesn't allow screens to be taken.

Persona window still shows 10000 in resists area which of course is just cosmetic.
No worries Papabard.

Just wanted to make clear that it would not bug your game if you used the files.

I have deleted beta from my PC so cannot work on the UI until it goes live tomorrow. If the problems persist they will be fixed as I can get to them.

As far as the fonts go ... they should be the standard ones from ProfitUI. I don't remember changing any of them when I was fixing the journal windows. If they do need a change that is a pretty simple thing to mess with.

Silat of Nagafen
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Good Cookies
Premium Member

Server: Neriak
Default Grateful

I am SO grateful that profit is already patched for the expansion, I don't know that I could still heal without it LOL

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone who works on this to keep it functioning

Sylvye
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:37 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

Thanks to all who keep this UI updated! I think I'd be lost without it anymore.

Just wanted to say that even though I never post and don't know the first thing about keeping a UI going, there are a LOT of folks out here that appreciate what you do.

Krissalya
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:18 AM
A Coastal Crab

Just wanted to add a thank you as well. I was very sad when I learned gm9 was no longer going to do it but when you guys decided to take it overand keep it running I was happy I love this ui and think you guys are doing a great job.
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost

since the last beta update : there were 2 major issue on this files, didnt get fix :

clic to cure doesnt work anymore on raid member : Parent.Parent.Member3.Basic.Name.Text' could not be found in your group or raid
(same for spell button ofc)

But work on group window

and a problem with quest helper : he forget all the time you log out the sticky quest, and when you cant to sticky a quest, you have to open the journal, higthligth the quest and check the box... no more auto sticky.
Unread 02-16-2010, 12:29 PM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

At least the webserver is running just fine. Will hit 4MB/s on the downstream any moment with no data losses.
Now get the fixes coming

I am still waiting for my key.....

Last edited by Kaldran : 02-16-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Unread 02-16-2010, 03:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Kithicor

I am hopeful someone will fix the problem with the raid click to cure. I am not a programmer in any sense of the word, I just offered a mirror site to dload the patch files for beta.

I truly appreciate all the time that gm9 put into this UI and the folks that have continued to work to keep it viable after gm9 stopped working on it.

Without ProfitUI, EQ2 wouldn't be anywhere near as good a game for me!
Unread 02-16-2010, 03:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Active quest helper still doesn't work after the update. It shows the objectives after selecting the box but doesn't update total got of objectives.

Last edited by Tsavi : 02-16-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:11 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavi View Post
Active quest helper still doesn't work after the update. It shows the objectives after selecting the box but doesn't update total got of objectives.

indeed, having this problem as well. in journal it says 2/12 of x mob but in helper window it still says 0/12 etc.
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:39 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Kithicor

My quest journal is working fine. However... I did a complete reinstall of profit (aside from QRB text file) as the current listed patch is on the auto-updater.
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:45 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shianne View Post
My quest journal is working fine. However... I did a complete reinstall of profit (aside from QRB text file) as the current listed patch is on the auto-updater.
yes, i noticed that after that first quest in my journal, it worked fine..guess it just had to switch over?
Unread 02-16-2010, 11:50 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen

I seem to be having with my XP % display. Achievement XP works as intended but adventure XP % never increases.

Is this an isolated issue to my install or are others seeing the same thing?

-- lollygagger
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:45 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Might not be display...press L and move the slider from 100 to 0

That is the most likely cause.

Silat of Nagafen
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:43 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Might not be display...press L and move the slider from 100 to 0

That is the most likely cause.

Silat of Nagafen
Hit the nail on the head. Been so long since I played, this completely skipped my mind.

Thanks for the pointer in the right direction.

-- Lollygagger
Unread 02-18-2010, 03:57 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Oasis

I've updated the startup splashscreens for the expansion so they were cleaner. I know it's a cosmetic (not so important) change, but I like things to look clean. Let me know if you want it, and I will send it to where it needs to be... once I know where...

Unread 02-18-2010, 03:58 AM
A Griffon

I would like it. can you PM me a link or email them to me [email protected]