EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-04-2005, 12:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Angry New ui caused frame rate issue

I installed a new mod but when i loaded it. i had the worst frame rate which made the game unplayable. i logged out and back in thinking it may be a similar bug like in eq1, when u relog the 2nd time everyhting goes back to normal. thatdidnt help. I unloaded the mods and tried relogging 2 times again still my frame rate is so low the game is unplayable. i set my setting from very high quality to very high performance. no dice. still the same lag issue. now im on the absolute lowest quality settings with everyhitng turned off so that i can get around. but i have no visuals and ijust get upset and log. i also did a full scan of the eq files and tried to put everyhting back to where ihad it but i still cant get the game to work properly. any help is greatly appreciated. i have a screen shot of the mods i downloaded. if anyone can help me.
Thank you in advance i know your time is valuable.

Rapinduke
Unread 02-04-2005, 12:42 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Mistmoore

/loadui dont work well. You need to follow the installation instructions found on the site here.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293
Unread 02-04-2005, 01:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default did not use loadui

I know that the loadui is broken i made the eq2.ini file swithced it back and forth finally i removed everything but i still have the lag issue even after removing the files. is there anything else i can delete so i can aviod reloading eq. i was able to run everything at max setting with very little frame rate loss which i only seen during raids with multiple mobs in them, but even then i was able to deal with it.
Unread 02-04-2005, 01:38 AM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinduke
I know that the loadui is broken i made the eq2.ini file swithced it back and forth finally i removed everything but i still have the lag issue even after removing the files. is there anything else i can delete so i can aviod reloading eq. i was able to run everything at max setting with very little frame rate loss which i only seen during raids with multiple mobs in them, but even then i was able to deal with it.
If you unloaded everything from the UI, it's just in an override folder so if it's all gone than the UI mod isn't what caused the drop in framerate. I would suspect it was coincidence.

Try checking for corrupt video card drivers or defragment your hardrive.
Unread 02-04-2005, 11:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default thanx for all the help

I want to thank you guys for the help. i read through all the posts on the site last night convinced i must of done something wrong and i did. even though i followed the directions to the letter. I did not have winzip installed on this operating system and i used windows generic unzipping program. I downloaded winzip and deleted all files and folders and started over using winzip to unzip into the /ui folder directly instead of the windows generic unzipping program. everything returned back to normal.
again my thanx to you guys for answering and helping me with my problems literally minutes after i had posted.

Thank you all
Rapinduke