EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-14-2005, 12:59 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1
Default Knowledge UI

hiya, im having a prob with my knowledge book UI, seems when i log onto one of my chars I dont have any probs at all with any of the functions, but on another i cant seem to close it unless i go to eq tab and close it that way. any idea how i can fix this

ty for help in advance
Unread 02-14-2005, 02:14 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

That is very odd that it works fine on one character and not on another. On the character you are having issues with, is the Mod's Window Locked by chance? If you right click on the Mod when it's open and go to Windows Options, there should be an option there saying to lock this window? If it's checked try unchecking it. When you say you can't close the window using the rollover on the spiney neck area, does the hotkey "K" close the book, or on this character the only way to close it is through the EQ2 Menu?

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 02-14-2005, 09:01 AM
A Sea Turtle

i checked and nothing has a locked on it , i didnt try the K hotkey i just would use the eq2 icon to close book, gosh i love this UI its awsome and if it means thats how i have to close it then i guess i will, i did check and compare with my other char that it works fine with to see if there was anything diff, but nothing diff. so im still trying to figure out why i cant get it to close, oh ya also this is the same char i cant get rid of my second chat window with, other char is fine on that also.
Unread 02-14-2005, 09:46 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Lavastorm

Something you can check is if you dont have another window transparent very large which are upper of yours. Sometimes, when we get out the border of a window and opacity, we resize it too much and she can just go upper the other window without seen it. Try to right click on all window and put Border to debug placement, maybe this can help
Unread 02-14-2005, 03:20 PM
A Sea Turtle

thing is..on all my windows i have the border showing, helps for me to see where things start and finish so i know im not overlapping and then cant get it to do its job..so im still at a loss with this
Unread 02-14-2005, 03:54 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Lavastorm

is it the default UI or a custom, in case of custm, replace the one from the default directory or post here all he beginning code of your custom knowledge xml
Unread 02-14-2005, 04:59 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayla
thing is..on all my windows i have the border showing, helps for me to see where things start and finish so i know im not overlapping and then cant get it to do its job..so im still at a loss with this
Is my Knowledge Book the only Custom UI Mod you are using?
I find this very odd since on the other characters on your account work fine.

There is one other thing you could possibly try, but it will mean you will have to completely re-do the layout of your windows for this character that you are having issues with only (anything that you moved from the Default Positions on the screen).

It is possible that your Character's UI Settings .INI file has been corrupted. Open your EverQuest 2 folder (generally the folder is located at C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II). Inside that folder you should have a file formated like this "servername_charactername_eq2_uisettings.ini", so for Humudce for example it would be "blackburrow_humudce_eq2_uisettings.ini". Find the character you are having issues with and rename the file by clicking right clicking on the file and choose RENAME. Rename it to something like "oldblackburrow_humudce_eq2_uisettings.ini" but use your name and server and not mine. NOTE in doing this when you log into the game and go to that character you will have to move the Windows around to where you want them again, add any extra Chat Windows, etc. But it might just clear up the issue you are having.

Unread 02-15-2005, 10:32 AM
A Sea Turtle

red dragon knowledge book is the only one i use , ill try what you said about the rename file, i dont mind re-setting windows if it means i can solve this problem, the second chat window is so annoying to not be able to get rid of but i dont want to not use the red dragon knowledge book cuz its like i said AWSOME
Unread 02-15-2005, 12:22 PM
A Sea Turtle

OMG TY TY TY for all your help and replies my problem is solved in both the second chat window and also the knowledge book working great on each char.

and Humudce your advice of re-naming my file done the trick to make me yet again a happy happy happy girl :P you are awsome ! and so is your knowledge book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	humudce-trophy.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	1242  
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:47 PM
A Griffon

Glad I could help. Since it worked on all your other characters on that account I thought that the character_UISettings.ini was all it could be. Glad you got it working.