EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-11-2005, 07:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default UI Increases time to zone?

Ever since I installed the 3/4 Hotbars Mod (the only mod i have installed) when I zone it takes forever. Everything loads like normal, then when it gets to the part where it loads the custom UI it just takes a really long time. Before I installed the mod i zoned in a very short reasonable time. Does it do this for everyone or do I maybe have something installed wrong?

Thanks~
Unread 01-11-2005, 07:10 AM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to tonyis3l33t Send a message via Yahoo to tonyis3l33t

UI mods CAN affect loading time. However, the 3/4th hotbar is such a tiny mod that it should not affect loading time whatsoever, since all it is is some number value changes.

an example of a mod that would increase loading time is having 50 extra maps in BMP format that you have built into your UI.

If i were you, i would check and make sure you installed the mod correctly.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:28 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

sure you didn't miss with your settings after installing the UI? (game settings)
Unread 01-11-2005, 12:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I assume you are talking about hanging on the loading screen precisely when it says "loading UI".

This is a common problem for many after the patch- even if you have no UI other than default. The hardest hit actually have their modem reset everytime it gets to loading UI. I'm one of these. Sometimes it'll re-establish connection before the game times out- usually not. It's a super pain.

You can find out more here EQ2 Forum Link

Also just browsing through the technical forum, not specifically that link, will show you many are having a related problem.
Unread 01-11-2005, 05:54 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

I am actually working on a stripped down version of the default UI that might help with this, but then again might not...

The stripped down default ui will have most of the nonessential crap removed, and reference calls to items that never get used will get removed. You would be surprised how many there are, and I am foreseeing a decent reduction in loading requirements for the ui when I am done...

And best of all, I will most likely be doing it simply by editing the default styles and such. I am trying to stay away from modding the eq2ui.xml file and any of the actual window modules, that way when a patch comes out that adds or removes something from a window (like the guild window) it will not break my ui...
Unread 01-11-2005, 06:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

That would be my problem Solsha, thanks =D
Unread 01-12-2005, 05:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

No problem, Acid. Sorry to hear you've joined the ranks of those with this problem though.

Can I ask if you use a Belkin router? Oddly enough, it seems a fairly large percentage of us hit with this have Belkin routers. Just curious.