EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 04-14-2005, 05:47 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock
Default Ehh? EQ not working?

Anyone else getting an issue with EQ in the last 5 or so minutes? I was zoning and then it just stopped, and nothing worked.

I called my cousin up, about 5 minutes after it happened to me, it happened to him.

Anyone else getting this problem? I can't log in to the game. I can go to the character select screen, but it says "Cannot find character <blah blah blah>. Please exit and rerun the updater."

I tried default UI, that didn't do anything.

My cousin said he was zoning into his house when it happened, and I was zoning out. Maybe that could be something....
Unread 04-14-2005, 06:06 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Just found out more...

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=79019

That was posted about 5 minutes ago, already got tons of people posting on it. It must just be my server then. Anyone else on Butcherblock?
Unread 04-15-2005, 09:38 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Antonia Bayle

When this happens, it usually means the server has crashed. Amazing how many people panic when this happens.

If you login to the chat server after rerunning the patcher (that is, unless it's full....1000 is the max capacity), the mods will usually keep the room updated on the status of the servers.

Otherwise, take a break...go read a book, mow the lawn, work on a custom UI .

BTW, the login screen that shows server status usually will NOT show that the servers are down from an unexpected crash (SOE staff has to manually change that to reflect server status I believe).
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:03 AM
A Brown Bear

ack. Nektulos crashed yesterday and i was in the middle of fighting one of the names for my betrayal quest (which is a BITCH). i was pretty annoyed.
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:13 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

ButcherBlock has been having some serious troubles the last few weeks.

Just watching to official boards, it's been crash, after crash, after crash.

It makes you wonder, what could be affecting just one server like that.

Maybe if enough people request for thier characters to be moved to another server, or the population dwindles enough, they can consolodate the population of butcherblock to another server, and now they have a nice fresh new server ready for station exchange.

From Moorgards Post here: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...essage.id=5022

Quote:
To restate: Next week's polling will be used to determine how many new servers we need to start up at the service's launch. It will not be used to determine whether any existing servers should be converted. There will be no current live servers switched to the Station Exchange ruleset.

Later, if the popularity of the service grows and it becomes apparent that we need more than the two planned servers, it will be because people have moved from other servers, which means those servers' populations will have gotten smaller. If that occurs, we may merge lower population servers together if any have gotten below the point of remaining a healthy community.

This way, we can ensure that no new ruleset is forced on any player on any existing server without their consent, regardless of what that server as a whole expresses in the polls. The only way to end up on an Exchange-enabled server is by explicitly opting-in to the ruleset by either making a character there or by moving a character to that server.

We want you to know that we are listening to your concerns, and that we are committed to maintaining the spirit of the EverQuest II community that we all have worked together to build.

Last edited by Kosmos : 05-03-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:16 AM
A Brown Bear

Nektulos has crashed more than a few times as well in the past few days, though, so maybe it's not just Butcherblock.
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:21 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yufice
Nektulos has crashed more than a few times as well in the past few days, though, so maybe it's not just Butcherblock.
Perhaps...
Unread 05-03-2005, 03:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I completely agree.