EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 05-19-2010, 07:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default question about missing frames

Hi all,

This is my first post and my first time trying to mod everquest 2. I have some great ideas I want to try out, but wanted to try something simple first. Before I start, there are tons of mods like this one (and obviously better than mine) but I wanted to do it myself. Having said that, here goes...

I want to modify how the default bank window worked. I got tonyis3l33t's starter guide for the uibuilder that comes with everquest 2, and it was very helpful. I pretty much got my changes working for the bank window (see bank link below) but my changes had a strange affect on the inventory window and bank/bag windows. (see bag and inventory links below)

It appears that all of the golden frames are missing even though I only changed items under the inventory area. Any help in getting the borders/internal frames back would be appreciated. Again, this is just me trying to do a simply mod on my own. I just need a bit of help fixing what I broke.

Please note that when I opened the inventory section, after loading the eq2ui.xml file in the uibuilder, the default screens did not show any frames. So the bag and inventory pictures below are exactly how they were when I opened the program to start. I just thought that stuff got added afterwards by the system. But when I launch my UI changes, there are no bars separating any of the bags for the bank slots. Also, there are no frames dividing the items on my inventory screen. Lastly, there are no dividers in the bags.

bank
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...ey=ti1okjiiyna

bag 1
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...ey=dwnrwlwy2wm

inventory
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...ey=qjmyxqndjyu

Thanks,

UPDATE: now that I look at it more, its not a golden frame/divider.. it seems that each slot has a golden glow/border around it. However, I can't find where this is in the inventory area. Again I mostly focused on the character/shared bank slots, but its affecting inventory and bags too.

Last edited by graej : 05-19-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Unread 05-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Hmm, have not seen that before. But, since you said you're using UI builder, was the bank window the only thing you copied, or did you use the entire saved UI that UIBuilder generates? It looks like it mangled the icons in some way so that they're no longer functioning as bag slots (the 'dust cloud' background and the little golden box around inventory icons are all added / generated in-game using art in one of the DDS files)

Try making a folder and copy only the bank window that you modified into it, and then update your EQ2.ini to point that that folder. All the other files should be pulled from default, so if (as I'm guessing) it's UIBuilder messing up one of the other files things should look OK then. That program has a bad tendency to not save everything as it should, when it comes to things like styles, etc.

What I do when working with UIBuilder is to have a separate directory where I work and save things into. To actually test files in-game I copy them to a different directory, and only copy the files that I've changed, that way you avoid the UIBuilder wonkiness.
Unread 05-19-2010, 09:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Thank you very much! That did the trick.