EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-18-2005, 02:53 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Mistmoore
Default Keyboard language since yesterday patch...

Up until now, my game was in english and the keyboard was in my os language. Since last patch my game is still in english (good) but my keyboard is also in english (bad since i don't have a qwerty keyboard). Why did it changes all of a sudden ? It's not like it was a bug before, it was just using the keyboard layout you were using in windows.Is there a way to force the game to use another keyboard layout ? I've searched in .ini files, didn't see anything that seems to be it.
Unread 02-18-2005, 02:59 AM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

If you take a look at the EQ2 official forums in the Tech section there are plenty of solution, the most used is to change langage keyboard while in game by using SHIFT+ALT in chat windows.

If that still doesnt work, here are the configuration it should be (it work for me when shift+alt didn't). Just replace French by you langage keyboard name on the image

Depending on your keyboard, you will have to remap some function key (like the ";" replaced by "m" for french keyboard
Unread 02-18-2005, 03:34 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Mistmoore

Nop, don't work. I found the thread on the official forum, most of peeps reported this trick to not work. I tried and it don't do anything.... really annoying.

edit : apparently, every time you start the game it adds the us keyboard and you have to alt+tab to delete it.... i guess i'll do that untill it's fixed.
Unread 02-18-2005, 04:13 AM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

EQ2 will always add the US keyboard mapping because previously it was messed up with the function key along with the OS keyboard langage. It is working as intended now.

I suggest that you let him add the US service but to modify the keyboard use as shown in the previous image (change the option next to the keyboard icon to your proper langage)