EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-14-2004, 12:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default install questions

I'm new to this custom UI, in fact, never seen it before. I have a few basic questsions before i start downloading and applying these UI's to my game.

If I download and install the custom UI, can I get my old default EQ2 UI back easy if I wanted to?

Also, I run my screen on the 1600x1200 resolution, will any of these custom UI's i download fit on a 1600x1200?

thanks for the help, more questions to come possibly
Unread 12-14-2004, 02:26 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Antonia Bayle

provided that you do things right, changing the UI back to default is a simple matter of changing a single line in a file (or deleting it alltogether).

That being said, there's always a risk of doing something bad (tm) to your UI.

Best bet is to backup the UI cache on your char, as well as your UI\Default folder. Should be safe enough.

Most of the mods in my experience, size pretty well, if not exactly. Statbars as an example seem to be of the 1024 length variety at the moment, although I (am possibly others) are working on learning how to size things automatically.

In all, read the FAQ's and the stickies on these forums, then pick something simple, and try to install it. Something like Insom's scrollbarless chatwindows is very simple to install and test for instance.
Unread 12-14-2004, 02:28 AM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yes all of them will work in that Resolution, and it is easy to get the old UI back. wha tyou do is Download the ones you want.

Most the UI's come with a eq2.ini file you need some dont though, but its the best way to go about it then using the ingame /loadui it does not all ways work well. you place that eq2.ini file in your main EverQuest2 folder and the other folder that came with the DL in your EverQuest2/UI folder and start the game and your good to go. Most times when the eq2.ini file comes with the DL its already set to look for the folder it came with. If it happens not to be or didnt come with the file then create a .txt file and open it and enter this...

cl_ui_skinname custom
cl_ui_subdir UI/

then save the file and rename it to eq2.ini
what that does is when you start the game it tells the game when its loading to look in the EverQuest 2 main directory in the UI folder for a folder called custom and to load all .xml files and any thing els with in that folder to use as the new UI. anthing thats not in there the game will just use the Defualt ones. EG.. if you Download one to give you a need Inventory and load the game all you would get is the Inventory, the rest of the UI would be the same as it was with out andy mod.

Now if you want to add another mod to your UI just dl it and open its custom folder and copy every thing in it to your custom folder and thats it no need to change the eq2.ini file or the name of your custom folder.

as for returning to your UI before the mod just remove the eq2.ini file thats it dont have to delete the folder.