EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 09-27-2006, 08:03 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Font Issue - Need a Little Help Please :)

It seems that a few people using my Player and Group window are having problems with the fonts loading in game. The font used is ArialBold14, I've tried having people add <include> lines in their fonts xml, include xml files from the default folder, and it doesn't seem to work for them.

Tonight I took everything down to basics. Made a copy of the Default UI folder and placed my Player and Group windows in that. The only 2 pieces outside the Default UI were those. I ran the game and they showed up just fine.

Someone mentioned they were running ProfitUI. I myself just run bits and pieces, but mostly Default stuff, so I have no idea where the issue might be coming from. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, I just ran ProfitUI (baseline, no additions from the other zips included in the file) using the Arremis Player and Group windows. Perfectly compatible (nice look too). I'm really at a loss now....

EDIT AGAIN: Looks like Zaab found the problem...something to do with Dragonwulf's ArialBold14 xml not being compatible. Great community we have here

Arre

Last edited by Arremis : 09-28-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Unread 09-28-2006, 02:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Maybe a problem with either localized installations or small/smooth fonts? Most of my problems have come from one of those, although I admit I do not see why the font should be completely invisible here.

ProfitUI does not touch any of the default styles, so I agree that it cannot be the reason. And it uses Arial as well, even though it's own custom definition of it which is not bold.