EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-01-2009, 12:01 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost
Default No opacity control

Two days ago, while I was in game, all my backgrounds went to black. When I go into window settings, all the sliders are set at zero. If I move the sliders, the background flashes between 0 and 100% opacity, nothing in between. I am unable to get any of them to display at 0 opacity. I am using different pieces from various authors, but I just tried using default and got the same thing. Running XP with Service Pack 3. Also, when I log in, I have to hit F10 to see any interface at all, not sure if that is related or a different issue (one which I can live with, at least). Any ideas?
Unread 11-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

For one thing, 0% opacity corresponds to the window being invisible. 100% opacity is what you'd want for the window to be completely opaque. It sounds like you might have set your windows to 0% opacity thinking it was the opposite... and now when you log in they're all hidden since you told them to be. Then when you hit F10 it goes into 100% opacity mode (where everything is set to 100% opacity and you cannot change it).

I recommend going to Options, User Interface and hit the 'Reset Opacity' button. That will reset each window's opacity to default and make it so you can 'see' them when you log in.
Unread 11-01-2009, 03:40 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Opacity

Thanks for the fast reply. I tried going in and used reset opacity, but to no avail. (Just thought, maybe I need to relog to get it to take effect. Will try it) The window sliders are all the way to the left. As I move them to the right, the window in question goes black to clear to black again and again, but I can not get the slider to stay in a position that gives me a clear background. No matter where I move the sliders, the window, border, and the background stay at 100%. When I reopen the window controls, the sliders are all the way to the left, at 0%. Will try a few things, including deleting the .ini character config files. Maybe I just need to start from scratch (just what I wanted to do today, LOL). Probably does not matter, but I am on the Everfrost server.
Unread 11-01-2009, 03:47 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default The answer

You were RIGHT. I needed to relog after resetting the opacity. Now I just need to set them where I want to and I'll be a happy camper. Thanks again.