EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 10-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Sure, just open the xml with notepad or wordpad.
You should see how it's laid out.

Basically each tab has 10 "character" and "server" entries.
Just replace character with your characters name and server with their server name.
holding Ctrl and the pressing h (CTRL+H) will open up a find and replace function.
You can do one at a time that way if you wanted.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 10-10-2006, 05:32 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Basically each tab has 10 "character" and "server" entries.
Just replace character with your characters name and server with their server name.
I havent done so yet and I know nothing about coding but layman logic tells me that doing this will allow me to switch between chararcters on different servers on the same account . I have 2 accounts, 2 different usernames and 2 different passwords. I was looking for a shortcut that allow me to switch between the two w/o camping to desktop. Perheps I am wrong but I think that would require retaining 2 different user names somewhere and promting for another PWD during the switch.

If that option is not available atm, I was hoping you would consider my suggestion.

Anyways, great UI. Thanks for your work.

Last edited by Oakayam : 10-10-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Unread 10-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Gotcha

gm9, fetish, and Landiin are all top notch among many other modders

I'd recommend posting in the requests section and see if they can help.
One may already have what you're looking for.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 10-15-2006, 01:53 PM
A Brown Bear

i played a few months ago and used thor ui and updated it today and i miss the quick price set buttons for selling items in your house. thats my biggest complaint right now
Unread 10-15-2006, 08:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekj54
i played a few months ago and used thor ui and updated it today and i miss the quick price set buttons for selling items in your house. thats my biggest complaint right now
I believe what you are referring to is this mod, which is separate from ThorUI but can be used in conjunction with it.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 10-15-2006, 09:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default ProfitUI suggestion

I love the profitui mod; mouseclicks in eq2 is the bane of my life and this ui makes things a lot less tedious.

I would really like to see this tool extended for the sales log. As a crafter and seller of many items on the broker I need to keep track of my stock and I quite often miss that I've sold items and end up not recrafting sold items for a long time, costing me money. Even if the sales log had as simple a feature as to sort the list by column so I could see what has sold on a given day it would help me, and I'm sure others, greatly.

Being able to filter sold items in the same way as you can broker items for market analysis would be an incredible bonus!

Kal
Unread 10-16-2006, 12:21 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

It's there.
Look under MainHUD>Set Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekj54
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I backed away from modding the broker window untill the changes settled.
I'm not familiar with others mods regarding this window but will look into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalemaroni
I love the profitui mod; mouseclicks in eq2 is the bane of my life and this ui makes things a lot less tedious.

I would really like to see this tool extended for the sales log. As a crafter and seller of many items on the broker I need to keep track of my stock and I quite often miss that I've sold items and end up not recrafting sold items for a long time, costing me money. Even if the sales log had as simple a feature as to sort the list by column so I could see what has sold on a given day it would help me, and I'm sure others, greatly.

Being able to filter sold items in the same way as you can broker items for market analysis would be an incredible bonus!

Kal
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-16-2006, 01:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The sales log format is a PITA but is pushed by the server, so no chance to mod that. I have done nothing to it in ProfitUI.
Unread 11-03-2006, 10:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default No overflow on the inventory window?

Would sure like to have an overflow area added to the updated inventory window. I had to load the default UI to get to it, then the game crashed when I tried to reload the thorUI. Thought that was only a problem on the test server, however this happened to a char on Live Oasis server, so guess not.
Unread 11-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

My inventory window has an overflow area.
Delete your eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml and run the thorui au.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-28-2006, 01:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

I just wanted to suggest an addition to the broker window similar to that of proffitt's. It's nice to have all the advanced search options on the initial broker screen, adn the split screen for buy/sell is very handy!

Glad to have you back Faetyl!
Unread 11-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thanks,
I was holding off to make sure SOE was done with any major changes since the last few times I modified the window they kept updating on me. :P

I did add an enhanced search that has all the Tier Harvestables already setup in the drop down.
That's available via the Features section in the ThorUI AU.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 12-05-2006, 11:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Heya Fae,

First off, thanks for all your work and mod's, they are great.

One thing that I would really like that you added is the level and class of each player to your full version of the groupmembers window. Right know it's setup to where it can be seen by mouseover, but it would be real nice to have it always appear, like the name/hitpoints/power, in your full version of the group window.

Thanks again Fae,

Griff
Unread 12-19-2006, 10:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost

Love the collection! Nice and easy-to-use!

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to add something to the tradeskill interface to be able to show whether I've made anything for that recipe BEFORE I actually start & use the ingredients? I'm trying to make the most out of the pristine bonus but have a crappy memory!
Unread 12-26-2006, 09:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

First off,

Awesome UI. I am such a huge fan of ThorUI that I recommend it to all of the new people I meet and fellow guildies.

My only request is the broker window. Let me reinforce the broker request from above. ProfitUI and Fetish both have a two-tiered broker window that makes things infinitely easier to purchase and sell.

I've actually downloaded and am trying to deploy Profits but having problems...

Thanks and keep up the great work.
Unread 12-26-2006, 10:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Please FIX the hotbars SO it can the spells can be locked in 1 place>I am tired of dying in a fight when i am a healer because i am madly clicking on the spells and they get dragged etc.ALSO remove the damn paper doll thing I am sick of getting a error and crashing out of the game if i accidently hit it.

DONT get me wrong I love this UI but,THose are my pet peeves and they truely need to be addressed thanks
Unread 12-27-2006, 07:56 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootchlid
Please FIX the hotbars SO it can the spells can be locked in 1 place>I am tired of dying in a fight when i am a healer because i am madly clicking on the spells and they get dragged etc.
I believe this can be remedied by locking the hotbar(s) in place. I remember having to unlock my hotbars when I wanted to rearrange the layout of my spells (not sure if this has been changed, as I have been unable to play for a few months).

Quote:
ALSO remove the damn paper doll thing I am sick of getting a error and crashing out of the game if i accidently hit it.
I believe this issue was linked to the inventory and/or persona window. Delete the eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml files from your thorui directory and rerun the updater to pull a fresh copy of each.

Unread 12-27-2006, 10:34 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhael
Love the collection! Nice and easy-to-use!

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to add something to the tradeskill interface to be able to show whether I've made anything for that recipe BEFORE I actually start & use the ingredients? I'm trying to make the most out of the pristine bonus but have a crappy memory!
Being a dabbling Tradeskiller, I have learned that if you examine the item you are crafting there is a set of 4 boxes at the bottom, if you have made anything they turn from the ? to the item. This goes (for a spell maker) app II, App II, App III, App IV. Adepts and Pristine are made as Adept III, Adept III, Adept III, Adept III and only on the bottom Adept III will you get dust back.
Unread 12-28-2006, 05:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

locking the toolbars Doesnt fix the problem.The spells still can be dragged and lost.I dont have a option to disable dragging the spells with thorui as i did with profit or the original game one
Unread 12-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

SOE changed the way the hotkey options work.
It affects ALL UI's not just the ThorUI.
Right click and choose "Hotbar Settings" then change the settings however you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootchlid
locking the toolbars Doesnt fix the problem.The spells still can be dragged and lost.I dont have a option to disable dragging the spells with thorui as i did with profit or the original game one
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 01-09-2007, 01:39 PM
A Grove Wisp

Talking Suggestion

I was wondering if there is a way to make a smaller Tradeskilling window, currently the version I have has all the cool things but takes up a good portion of my 19inch screen. Maybe a 3/4 option?
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I understand
It is quite large and I have been meaning to rescale it down a bit.
I'll add this to my list.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 01-10-2007, 12:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey Faetyl

I've been using Thor UI for quite a long time now, and i LOVE it!

There is just one thing that would make it even better IMHO and it has to do with the Maintained Effects and Buffs windows. I would like to see the duration of the effect/buff actually displayed over the icon.

Example:
SoW is cast on you and it shows up on your bar, and it shows the minutes remaining so it would look like
Code:
-------
|     |
| 29m |
|     |
-------
29 min because thats how many whole minutes are remaining since it starts ticking down. then when it gets to seconds left it would look like this
Code:
-------
|     |
|  9s |
|     |
-------
it would still have the icon underneath it so you can tell the effect, but this would be an easy way to display the actual amount of time left on effects/buffs without actually taking any more screen space.

Thanks again!

EDIT:
you could even add this to the hot bars for count down for reuse timers!

Last edited by irme : 01-10-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Unread 01-10-2007, 07:20 PM
A Griffon

Irme,

There are various maintained/Buff Effects window mods that already have the timer you are looking for (example). Just because something is not offered within the ThorUI updater, doesn't necessarily mean it cannot be used (that's the biggest thing I like about ThorUI....Faetyl tries to keep it non-inclusive, meaning other author's work can be used along with it without breaking the entire UI).

In regards to the hotbar timer thing, I believe I have seen past discussions about this not being able to be done. Here's one thread I found on it.