EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-19-2005, 03:21 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor
Default Insomniac's group window

Hey all,

I downloaded Insomniac's group window because it's all compact and is, well, exactly what I'm looking for. Here's the problem. I put it in my UI folder and load the game and instead of insomniacs group window, I get EQ2's default group window. The thing that makes me curious is that the file "hud_group_window" or whatever it is that is in the zip folder is the exact same file size as what's in my UI directory, so what I'm overwriting is (I think?) no different than what's already there. The only reason I notice this is that every other file that I've replaced in that folder, the new one is a different size than the eq default file. (Did that make any sense? I don't know that I'm explaining it very clearly)

Anyway, I'm very frustrated because I want his group window and I can't have it. Anyone about to decipher what I'm saying and tell me what the heck is wrong?

Thank ya
Unread 01-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

You are not installing it correct from how you describe in your post. Please read the sticky thread in this forum for install instructions.

Overwriteing the default UI files will result in the patcher overwriteing them with default files again.
Unread 01-20-2005, 03:11 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor

Sorry for the misinformation. No, I'm doing it right, I've made the separate folder for the ui I want and put the eq ini file in the main directory like it needs (it'll be nice when they fix the / command for that)... what I was meaning that I forgot to say when I posted was that I have a frankenstein UI, pieced together from a bunch of ui's and ui pieces on this site, and that as I find a new piece that I like, I overwrite the old one... the group window is the only window that hasn't worked with so far, everything else about the ui is working just dandy