EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 10-14-2005, 03:35 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost
Default UI Install?

Hello!

I don't consider myself a computer idiot but also Im not a pro at it either so Im begging for an assist here.

I have several items from the Pieces section that I really like but have recently been turned on to many of the Fetish Classic items. (thank you!)

Im wondering is there a way to have a "complete set" AND "parts"?
Im not sure what files belong to what since they all just extract into my custom UI folder.
Should I just move that folder out and start from scratch installing the "complete set 1st THEN move in my pieces?

Thanks for the help on this!

Lexi
Unread 10-14-2005, 05:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Yes, drop in the full set, then replace files little by little from the other pieces.
Unread 10-14-2005, 05:40 PM
A Weald Wolf

Thanks a lot!
Unread 10-14-2005, 08:00 PM
A Weald Wolf

Default Im getting a headache!

Im so confused. I don't know what goes with what...

I like the Fetish Classic but Nightfall looks kool too, not to mention all the different add-ons and updates.

It's so overwhelming. Im not sure what to get 1st and how do the different UI's "branch off"

If someone could be so kind as to "walk me thru this" I would be MOST greatful!

Lexi
The confused
Unread 10-14-2005, 08:16 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Fetish has its own styles etc so many mods will not work with that ... so to speak... Realy you will need to tell us exactly what mods you are trying to use with Fetish before we can even begin to help .. as it is a case of doing a few <include> statements etc in eq2ui_mainhud.xlm and other files.. Like basicly lol
Unread 10-15-2005, 10:57 AM
A Weald Wolf

Hello again and thanks for the reply Laffs.

I guess I wasn't real clear on my post. I will try to be a little more specific now.
I have only just started using custom mods as I like them much better than the defaults. Until yesterday it has been only a few pieces...
Jaxel tradeskills-- mook minimap, color chooser, pet
Drum inventory bank--Yurek trade window
persona, guildxp--Milquetowst journal--Legos stuff--DeconBank.

Since I can't even comprehend the UIBuilder and had asked for some specific items in request, that folks either aren't interested in or can't do, I thought I would check the complete sets, looking for something different that might incorporate a nice look and still be functional. My poor old monitor can only max out at 1280x 1024 screen resolution and I play w/o the wide screen effect, so that sorta limited my choices.

I began looking through the complete sets and that is when I happened upon the "Fetish Frameork" and I saw so many addon's for it I just started adding things to my favorites, so as not to lose them.

I have in my favorites, based on the look of each item as well as the fact that most of these say you must have the fetish_____ installed for this to work.

FetishExchange v4.7
FetishMaps v4.7
Fetish6wayInventory v4.7
Fetish Classic v4.7
FetishJournalHTML v4.4
FetishXPTurbo 4.4
FetishTargetsTurbo v4.4
FetishTradeskills v4.4
FetishPlayer v4.4
FetishGroup v4.4
FetishPlayer v4.4 133%
FetishGroup v4.4 133%
FetishClockCompass v4.4
Fetish Zone It! 4.4
FetishRoundCompass v3.6
FetishHotkeys v3.4 3.4
FetishPersonabar 3.3
FetishOptions 3.0
Font Patch for Fetish Pieces 2.6 and earlier.
FetishXPExtreme v2.6 FetishTargets v2.5

There was SOOO much I had to stop looking because I was getting confused.
Im sure there are more that fit my taste but decided to wait before I installed any of it.

I did go in and remove my meager pieces but I still have the eq2map updater so it loads my LEXIUI folder but asside for the parts of the map updater there is nothing in that folder. I checked the game and it is indeed loading all the defaults and is just waiting for the new stuff.
Here is where I get most confused... because the names on things are so simalar Im not sure what goes with what...thnking that fetish items would go with fetish items. I don't want to overwrite something I like with something Im not too thrilled over. The pics although great don't specify which items are in the set originally and which items have been "revamped"

I just want to be clear on what Im getting and when to "add it" for example do I get the FetishGroup v4.4 first and then overwrite it by installing the FetishGroup v4.4 133% because I like the 133% more
or do I just go right to the FetishGroup v4.4 133% ?

Im not sure what else to say here except that I am desperately in need of some direction here. I am trying my best to be clear and help you help me. I will be most greatful if you can so that I can play my game
"the way it is meant for me to play"

Thank you!

Lexi