EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-10-2005, 10:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default No UIs Work anymore . . .

Hi guys,

I've been using the Fetish UI for a while now, and have recently decided to try a couple of new ones. My problem is now I can't get -any- ui to work .. not even the fetish one that was working (except for selling). This is all since the 4-6 patch, and I have tried running Goldi's that says it is supposed to be compliant. Any tips?

Thanks
Unread 04-10-2005, 10:32 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

The problem is probably with your eq2.ini file. I would delete it and recreate it.
Unread 04-10-2005, 10:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I tried that, but it didn't help at all. Basically, it appears to load up just fine, but just when it comes to the part for the actual game screen to show it crashes.
Unread 04-10-2005, 11:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Try loading the default UI. First, I would backup any UI folders you have in there, and then delete all the ones that are in your UI folder.

Then, delete and recreate your eq2.ini file like Deathbane said.

If that doesn't work, something else is wrong. I don't know enough to be sure what it is, and I don't want to give you false information.

Be sure to be using the lines:
Code:
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname Default
Unread 04-11-2005, 05:18 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

If Default doesn't load, you can try tossing your serversettings.ini.

If Default does load, make sure the UI you're installing was uploaded to Eq2Inteface.com after 4/5. There's still alot of stuff in the downloads sections that haven't been updated.

Fetish 3.3 should run fine if you install a clean version per the install instructions. You'll wanna grab the map hotfix I attached to the Nightfall support thread to resolve an issue witht the 3.3 maps.
Unread 04-11-2005, 12:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Grr!

Default works fine, sadly. I've tried deleting all the other UI's, deleting my character ui settings, and deleting (and recreating) my eq2.ini. None of that works. I suppose all that's left is for me to reinstall eq2. Not looking forward to that. Took me upwards of 4hours last time to get it all patched.

The mod I'm trying to use is the new one by Goldi that does state that it's compliant with the 4-5 patch. I figured that one is safe since it actually says it's compliant.

Man this is really annoying. I tried playing last night with the default and realized how totally dependant on my UI's that I really am.
Unread 04-11-2005, 12:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've just tried the Fetish 3.3 classic UI, and now I'm getting messages from EQ saying that my login or password has been rejected. Only reason I can think of is because I've been logging in and out (or crashing) while trying to see if the UI's are working or not. Going to reset to the default UI and see if that fixes, or if I'm just locked out for a bit ...

Looks like I'm just locked out for now. I'll give it a bit and see if it clears. If not, I'll contact Sony and see if they'll let me reconnect again. Also, I saw an alert file in my eq2 directory with a bunch of errors in it. Would that be helpful to post?
Unread 04-11-2005, 01:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

This is what I got from Goldi's:

build="SOEBuild=1864T" version="SOEVersionString=2005/4/8 17:09:33" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="GameScene:nOpen" loc=" 0.00 0.00 0.00" performance="3" alert="E:\test\eq2\game\client\UI\src\Eq2GuiIntegration.cpp(3782): UI Error: Could not load 'eq2ui_MainHUD_Waypoint.xml' from either 'ui/goldi/' or 'ui/default/'."
build="SOEBuild=1864T" version="SOEVersionString=2005/4/8 17:09:33" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_village04" loc="801.07 -9.72 -170.31" performance="3" alert="E:\test\eq2\game\client\UI\src\Eq2GuiIntegration.cpp(3782): UI Error: Could not load 'eq2ui_MainHUD_FetishTMMapDock.xml' from either 'ui/goldi/' or 'ui/default/'."
build="SOEBuild=1864T" version="SOEVersionString=2005/4/8 17:09:33" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_village04" loc="801.07 -9.72 -170.31" performance="3" alert="E:\test\eq2\framework\resman\src\TextureResource.cpp(43): Failed to open dds texture ui/default/images/maps/world_map_overlay.dds"
build="SOEBuild=1864T" version="SOEVersionString=2005/4/8 17:09:33" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_village04" loc="801.07 -9.72 -170.31" performance="3" alert="E:\test\eq2\framework\resman\src\ResourceManager.cpp(1195): Error loading ui/default/images/maps/world_map_overlay.dds"
build="SOEBuild=1864T" version="SOEVersionString=2005/4/8 17:09:33" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_village04" loc="801.07 -9.72 -170.31" performance="3" alert="E:\test\eq2\framework\resman\src\TextureResource.cpp(43): Failed to open dds texture ui/default//images/maps/world_map_overlay.dds"
build="SOEBuild=1864T" version="SOEVersionString=2005/4/8 17:09:33" build_type="USER OPTIMIZED" ls_address="none" zone="qey_village04" loc="801.07 -9.72 -170.31" performance="3" alert="E:\test\eq2\framework\resman\src\ResourceManager.cpp(1195): Error loading ui/default//images/maps/world_map_overlay.dds"

Managed to stay on long enough this time (because I said a few things in my chat window I think) for everything to be pitch black. The compass, the clock, and my chat window worked. Couldn't find my start button to log out. Then I crashed. 8)
Unread 04-11-2005, 02:23 PM
A Berserk Golem

Ok, try this:

1) Explore your Everquest II folder

Using notepad, edit the file eq2.ini

Make sure it contains the following lines:

cl_ui_skinname Goldi
cl_ui_subdir UI/

And only those lines.

2) Explore the sub-folder UI

Inside this folder, you will find these folders:

- Goldi (since you said you downloaded it)
- many others you tried

3) Delete "Goldi" sub-folder

4) Download the latest version of my UI

5) Make sure you have a very recent Winzip, or to make sure, download the latest version of Winzip.

6) Unzip Goldi.zip into the "UI" folder.
Attention: do not create a "Goldi" folder, the zip will create that for you

7) After the unzip finishes, Explore "Goldi". You should see several files in there, and also several sub-folders. If, inside the Goldi folder, you see another Goldi folder, it means you have unzipped it wrong. Again, make sure you unzip it to "UI", not "Goldi"

8) Login in the game, see if the UI is working

If not, lemme know what other symptoms you get. There are some other things we might try.

Planetside: RedScorpion-J e Hugo-J (New Conglomerate - Markov server)
Star Wars Galaxies: Mortimer [Bloodfin]
Everquest: Goldmoonn -Shaman65- [Povar] [Character Profile for EQ1]
[ My Interface for EQ2] [My Interface for EQ1]
Unread 04-11-2005, 02:34 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Ok that long list of errors looks suspiciously like its trying to load the Fetish UI from the Goldi directory, which is gauranteed to crash you since Goldi's probably doesn't include some of the extra files in the Fetish UI.

My guess is that you've somehow managed to mix up files between the UI directories.

You also appear to be missing default UI files like eq2ui_MainHUD_Waypoint.xml.

I recomend trashing everything inside EverQuest II/UI
Also trash eq2.ini

Then run the patcher and do a complete file scan. Should download a fresh Default folder.

Varify EQ runs fine on the new Default UI. Then reinstall whatever custom UI you want to run. If you're installing more than 1 UI, install one at a time and varify it works BEFORE installing another.

Whatever you do, don't attempt to install complete sets over eachother. You're almost gauranteed to crash if you do.

Last edited by Zonx : 04-11-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Unread 04-11-2005, 03:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I did try trashing everything in the ui folder, and restoring the defaults from my husband's computer (he doesn't use any UI's) and that didn't work. I only tried to install the Fetish 3.3 as per advice. I had removed it all before hand to prevent complications (this is why I download complete sets instead of just bits). I've uninstalled and deleted my entire eq2 directory, and reinstalled it in a new location (ie c:/eq2 vs the default of c:/Program Files/Sony/Everquest II). I've repatched my Eq2 completely (except all the optional downloads. I'd like to get this working before I invest the time to download them all), and I've downloaded and installed Goldi's newest mod via the instructions. I'm doing one last 'full scan' and then I'm gonna load it up and see if it works now ...

And it works!

One of my guildmates thought it might be a corrupted file of some sort. I don't know if it was or not, but I'm very grateful that it works now. 8) Thank you both Goldi and Zonx for all your help in trying to resolve this issue. (And I love your UI so far Goldi, as well as the bits included from Zonx' work.)
Unread 04-12-2005, 07:10 AM
A Berserk Golem

Ah, i am glad you managed to fix your problem and that you like the UI
If eer you have a sugestion, something you would like to have in the UI, lemme know =)

Planetside: RedScorpion-J e Hugo-J (New Conglomerate - Markov server)
Star Wars Galaxies: Mortimer [Bloodfin]
Everquest: Goldmoonn -Shaman65- [Povar] [Character Profile for EQ1]
[ My Interface for EQ2] [My Interface for EQ1]