EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-18-2004, 07:19 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default i just can't get it to work!

Ok, I have checked the forums and I am still having problems. This may seem complicated so I will be as clear as I can.

I have set up my .ini file and UI folder as instructed. However when I enter EQ, it returns to the default skins. I use the /loadui command and it shows the Insom skins. But if I try to load the skins using the /loadui command it gets all screwy. I can log out to the character selection screen and then back in and all the Insom skins work fine, however if I log out to the desktop and restart EQ it goes back to the defaults again. I don't know what else to try!

This is my eq2.ini file:
cl_ui_skinname myui
cl_ui_subdir UI/

This is my ui folder set up:
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\myui

There are no other folders or subfolders in my ui folder that I created. And there are 4 files, all .xml file for the skin components that I want to use. I am pretty much lost now, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
Unread 11-18-2004, 08:07 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Just in case did you put eq2.ini in EQ2 root folder, and not the UI folder?
Unread 11-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

when I installed EQ2 and first started it, it asked me to select a region. Being in Europe with tons of US buddies from EQ1 I decided to chose English US region. What the game did then was create a NEW folder within the EQ2 folder and copy the entire game into that one. I couldn't get my UI's to work either before i figured that out hehe. What I had to do was copy my UI files into the "LP_REGION_EN_US" folder that the game had created inside my EQ2 folder. After that it worked nicely.

Now, I need to figure out how to delete the crap in the folders I probably don't use. My current EQ2 installation is over 9gb in size.

EDIT:
The contents of the "LP_REGION_EN_US" folder is identical to the "normal" EQ2 installation. Meaning, there is a UI folder in there etc.

If you have that issue, your path would look like so:

Code:
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\LP_REGION_EN_US\UI\myui
Just to clarify.

EDITEDIT:
Sorry for the repost, just saw that this very thing have been clarified further down hehe.

Last edited by Pixi : 11-18-2004 at 10:26 PM.