EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-21-2007, 10:24 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default No map?

I installed updated maps from EQ2 Maps yesterday (did it while I was playing if that matters), & they worked fine. Today I log in, & cannot get a map window. I tried hitting F10 to see if it was somewhere on the screen as suggested in another thread, & nada. If the window is off-screen, I have NO earthly idea how to bring it back. I don't think it is there at all; I hear nothing.

eq2.ini is saved as .ini, not as .txt

commands within eq2.ini are precisely as indicated in the instructions

files are not within a subdirectory of the directory as warned to avoid in the FAQ

Um -- whaaaaattt is wroooonnngg???!!! *cry*
Unread 05-21-2007, 10:59 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Did you install the EQ2Maps to your "Default" UI directory? If so, that would explain why they worked before, and now they don't. (Did you notice several files being downloaded in the launchpad just before you logged into the game and the maps stopped working?)

If you don't already have a custom UI directory, EQ2Maps should have installed itself into an EQ2Maps directory it created in your UI folder (IIRC).

Anything installed to the "Default" UI directory will be overwritten and/or disabled every time the launchpad runs, so any custom UI bits -- including EQ2Map -- should be saved in a different location.