EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 02-13-2006, 11:53 PM
A Fallen Diplomat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok
Default Text Into and Out of UI

Time for bed, but playing around while waiting to verify an upload I found a little in/out. Nothing usefull now, but that's how everything starts.

The friends window stores your notes in a text file. If you add a note to a friend and save it, it saves it in real time.

You can then go to the Text File and view the user name of the friend, and your note.

If you delete that person in game, it removes thier user name and note from the text file, and in game.

If you then manualy add thier user name and note to the text file, and then add them as a friend again in game, the new text is displayed in game as a note without you having to edit it in game.

That is as far as my experimentation goes today. Now for a little speculation. In the Friends page XML file there is a data source for the name, location, and notes. Its default name for all three is New Data. Now if we could find out what that New Data gets renamed as in game, say 1 or the user name, or ID, then it can be referenced as valid data.

You could then have another window reference that data, say make a label's text be the same text as the note.

You could then have a button (easy to do) that can add a friend (that you already manualy made and have a note for) then set the text objects text equal to your notes text (in the data source).

We would then have a way to display Data from outside of the game, into the UI, such as dps info or who is talking in teamspeak.

My current UI has me loaded for a bit, but in my breaks I may explore this a bit more.
Unread 05-19-2006, 09:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye

Ahh nice, Yes yes.. i was actually thinking about a way to do so, which is why i started browsing the UI Dev D ^_^

Sounds interresting, i might look at it today =)

//Ilirith

Elimia, Monk 19, Scholar 12, Runnyeye
Unread 05-19-2006, 01:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddbomber83
who is talking in teamspeak.
http://voice-overlay.info.ms/