EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-03-2005, 12:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Fetish Classic - EQ2 Crash after upgrade

Hi There,

I was using 3.4 and upgraded to 3.5 using a new directory name and changed the eq2.ini file to reflect the change. When I log in with the new UI, I get in the game, but the screen will be black with the hud elements visible and after a few moments EQ2 will crash.

I am sure if I delete the character UI file and reset everything else back up, then this won;t happen but I thought I would mention this and try to work through it so that it doesnt happen to others.

Last edited by sorn : 05-03-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Unread 05-03-2005, 12:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default hi

yes i am have same issiue i get in game and all balck but can see icons how can i fix it so i can use this ui
Unread 05-03-2005, 01:32 PM
A Grove Wisp

I didn't change the eq2.ini , I just installed over the old folder and most everything seems to work fine. I DO have one problem though. when I type anything in the chat window and the mouse is NOT over the chat window then the text i'm typing appears over the last line of chat in the chat area. VERY annoying can you make a hot fix for this?
Unread 05-03-2005, 02:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2074
I didn't change the eq2.ini , I just installed over the old folder and most everything seems to work fine. I DO have one problem though. when I type anything in the chat window and the mouse is NOT over the chat window then the text i'm typing appears over the last line of chat in the chat area. VERY annoying can you make a hot fix for this?
Its not a bug. He did it on purpose. If you want a chatbox that only hides the scrollbar for FNF go HERE.

If you want something for Classic, you can either go HERE

or use the old one from 3.4 in either case
Unread 05-04-2005, 11:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Zonx any comment on my problem? Do you want me to send you my characterUI file? This is the second time this bug has happened to me using your interface.. If you dont want to look at the issue let me know so I can just get it over with and delete it and start my UI from scratch again.

Thanks!
Unread 05-05-2005, 12:48 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorn
Zonx any comment on my problem? Do you want me to send you my characterUI file? This is the second time this bug has happened to me using your interface.. If you dont want to look at the issue let me know so I can just get it over with and delete it and start my UI from scratch again.

Thanks!
First off, there are well monitored threads for each of my complete sets and another for my various pieces, prominently linked from every one of my download pages. Posts about my UIs anywhere but those 3 threads are vary likely to be unseen by me. Please use one of those threads in the future.

Also try to check those threads for anyone having similar problems. Your issue sounds like a VERY common problem resulting from not having EQ2MAPs installed correctly. If you already have the auto-updater installed and have your eq2ui.ini updated to use the new directory, running the auto-updater should download all the missing EQ2MAP files to your new directory.

Note: 3.5 does not include the new guild window. You'll need to delete eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml from your Fetish directory for now. 3.6 will be uploaded very soon and will include the new window along with a revised chat window and a few other tweaks.