EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-28-2005, 11:51 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Changes are not saving anymore

Everytime I log, my second chat window goes away and resets completly, my fourth hotbar labels itself as the primary as well as the actual intended primary (so it says that I have two primary bars), and window positions are reverting to the previous spot. How do I fix it?

I am currently using...
DrumsUI examine
DrumsUI inventoy bank
DrumsUI inventory loot
DrumsUI inventory merchant slimborder
DrumsUI mainhud persona
DrumsUI target and implied target
eq2map
humudce player win stats percent
mook 3in1 hotbar small
mook broker
mook journal
mortis bag
tarylan clock
trips group window with assist

I am at a loss and any help is much appreciated
Unread 03-29-2005, 01:05 AM
A Coastal Crab

Hiya Darkman,

I don't know if you are having the same *no save* bug as the one where all your chat / tab options resets to prior your change after a restart of EQ2.

The problem with chat options not saving has a quick fix and the following will make your chat settings save once again (untill you change your font settings again:P)

1. Open eq2_recent.ini in your eq2 folder.
2. Delete the line that says chat_fontsize xx and save the file.
3. Log in to EQ2 and see if it solved your problem.

If the above dont help your problem may be with the file named server_name_eq2_uisettings.ini in your eq2 folder, check properties on it if it have become read only, if not try and move server_name_eq2_uisettings.ini and the eq2_recent.ini from the EQ2 folder and start EQ2 again.This fix will remove all your current user settings for Eq2 and you'll have to set them again, if none of thise different fixes works I have no idea.

Good luck,
Dhraga of Splitpaw.
Unread 03-29-2005, 04:21 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

FYI, I tested chat windows yesterday with default UI and a brand new toon. New chat windows external to the MainChat window simply would not save even when other windows did.

Chat windows already saved still load up fine, and I never had a prob with this till the recent patch, so I'm guessing this is a newish bugs.

Almost possitive its a SOE bug, but the font setting could make a diff /shrug.
Unread 03-29-2005, 04:29 AM
A Mist Grinnin

It's actually been a major bug since the game was released, but's moved around several times depending on patches. I notice that SoE has never made an official note about it, but I've received several CS Ticket responses stating only that it's a known issue and there is no current work-around.

I'm unfortunately having the same problem, and I use 3 total chat boxes, one for OOC / Auction / Shout and misc stuff, one for Combat / Spells and the other for Guild / Group and Local Chat.

I'm sure they'll knock it out sooner or later. Being that I reset my UI settings completely and not thinking, didn't save a single thing. Has to be SoE though, because I've tried Default UI, Fresh Windows / EQ2 Install, Read-Only on the files, deleting recent.ini and my char.ini and nothin' has worked for me on that end. I finally gave in and decided to just wait it out and keep resettin' the extra 2 boxes when I logon each time.
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:48 AM
A Mist Grinnin

I got it! A 'REAL' Working FIX!!! It is an SoE bugged, I've tested, manipulated, e-mailed, tested some more and BLAMO!!! Fixed!

I had lost my older INI files so I couldn't 'make this work' and thought I was doomed because I didn't really think it was this... cause I thought I had tried it all, missed one thing though.

If you don't have an old 'working' character_uisettings.ini file, I'm attaching my specific 1280x1024 setup which was designed around Zonx's FetishClassic UI (Uploaded today) with the addition of Mook's 3-in-1 Small Hot Bar, Addition POI Icons for the Map and Tonyisl33t's Small Maintained and Spell Effects windows. You can manipulate the chat windows, move 'em around, it WILL save (hehe, hopefully), so you can use this INI and then re-arrange from there with any resolution.

Apparantly the bug is in how SoE is saving the 'new' INI files, which may be a randomized bug per 'account' or possibly for anyone using new saves. It is NOT a 'custom ui' specific error, it's a character_uisettings.ini save error on their end, sent to your end. I found this out by sending my INI to a friend, and only that, and poof, chat boxes went bygone. He sent me back his previous working one, and I went from there and vuala! Fixed!

I hope this works for everyone having this trouble, by gosh I know this drove me nuts for hours on end.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SERVER_CHARNAME_eq2_uisettings.zip (2.0 KB, 243 views)
Unread 04-02-2005, 06:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am having the same trouble but not a real big deal.... I am wondering how I get my persona window to show. All my other windows show except for the persona window.

Anyone have any ideas?